Advice please - phone service

by Dagney 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Okay, I am being s*****d by ATT without a kiss. Anybody else?

So, has anybody used Vonnage or the like? And how does it work? What's the best way to research what to do?

I use my home phone minimally, but need it because I live in a gated area. My DSL line is with ATT. There are bundle offers from the cable co that seem to good to be true, and they are for just a year. I have dish for TV.

I appreciate any comments on how people are structuring their phone service.

Thank you very much in advance.

• PEC
    PEC

We are on our 5th year with Vonage. We have not had any problems, we went with the annual plan after the third year. We pay $282.24 for the year, that is $23.69 a month.

Philip

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Try magic jack

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Magic Jack. Only way to go.

sammieswife.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

We have digital cable with HBO and Cinemax, high speed internet and phone with caller id, call waiting and unlimited long distance that runs about $160 a month. Please be advised that any digital phone service is not governed by any regulatory agency. If it takes a week for the cable company to come out and fix your digital phone or internet, then that's the way it is. There is no one to complain to, (and yes, it happened to me). Thankfully, the phone service was restored within a day's time without a visit to my house by the technician, as it was an area wide outage.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had Vonage for a year as my second phone line. I cancelled it because of all the dropped calls. On a good day I'd find myself having to call someone back 3-4 times in a single conversation. No one would call me at that number because all the dropped calls became a standing joke.

W

• PEC
    PEC

Finally-Free, sounds like you have Internet connection problems. We have never had a dropped call, Vonage is the only phone we have, ask Barbara, she is on the phone all the time, to her children and grandchildren and we pay less than we did to AT&T with no long distance calls.

Philip

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

We have vonage, no problems. Unlimited long distance.

• Robert7
    Robert7

THE best deal if you have ATT DSL like I do, is get VOIP thru ATT. They call it CallVantage, and it's full VOIP service like Vonage, but this works very well since they own both the network and the service. It's $25/mo for unlimited everything, and if you have wireless with them, it's only $20/mo. Best deal I've seen out there.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I've tried VOIP, it stinks. Just recently dropped four office lines from Verizon at $400.00 per month. Got one line from Time Warner Digital, works great for $39.00 per month, and it's NOT VOIP, therefore no dropped calls. Don't need a fax line now either, I just ask my clients to scan and email documents. Time Warner's website estimated that I would save $4,300.00 per year by dropping Verizon.

Verizon Suuuuccckkkks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit