ALERT FRON BETHEL (this may be it)

by Hiddenwindow 66 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivilLocal/LCSearch?param=P

I found this website but can't find anything to do with the WTB&TS. Can anyone else?

• yknot
    yknot

Oh that site is fun.... I haven't found anything pertaining to the thread yet..(It might be filed up in Patterson or even in PA).

However I am finding some cases by WTS lawyers (both WTS biz and private practice)...very interesting..

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

However I am finding some cases by WTS lawyers (both WTS biz and private practice)...very interesting..

What are you entering? I used "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" and "Watchtower" but couldn't get anything to come up.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Perhaps they are able to sue because of 'implied' lifetime service. As I recall - every bethelite has been told that as long as they lived up to their end they could stay for life. If this is strongly implied when they are accepted, perhaps there is a case.

Jeff

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I can just see the headlines now:

"Watch Tower Contributing to Homeless Crisis In New York City"

And then interviews with some of the city's destitute WT volunteers cast aside and left to collect money from the city to survive as the WT Organization(non tax paying) thumbs their nose at them by offering a very substandard inhumane severance allowance. This should bring the both the wrath and the pity of the locals

• iloowy
    iloowy

> In Europe bad treatment of workers is not so much tolerated as in America,

> and the Society's argument they were merely volunteers not entitled to a

> pension did not wash. I have not managed to find anything more about

> that online however.

In the Spanish language forum http://ExTJ.com/foro

there are letters from the Spanish Gov't judging

against the Society's Branch there to pay up into

the pension fund program.

There's also the Branch's letter saying how it was

their idea to provide for longtime volunteers. The

hypocrisy and lies are obvious.

--ILOOWY

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Irregardless if there were to be a court case established the Society has the money and the lawyers on their side

on the other hand you have a group of poorly paid volunteers who are doubtful of hiring good lawyers of any kind

take a guess which side would win.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When you say "this may be it", what may be what?

• mustang
    mustang
    1) The WTBS has an implied obligation to care for the people it encouraged to give up all other financial resources to work for the Watchtower. Most other religions do take care of, for instance, retired priests and nuns.

DETRIMENTAL RELIANCE is the appropriate Cause of Action. You always have Rights, but getting them can be difficult. A Stay or Injunction can keep the Complainant in place until the matter is resolved.

Mustang

• AnneB
    AnneB
    There are some Bethel workers who have been invited to leave Bethel, but are refusing to do so

My understanding is that persons who are "invited to leave" then fill out a "voluntary separation" application which the Society then graciously accepts, thus freeing themselves of any further obligation to the departees.

I've wondered if any of the Bethelites would see through this and be savvy enough to take action.

Of course, all WT would have to do to be rid of them is find some reason to DF them so that they couldn't stay, according to the terms of their volunteerism. "Bringing reproach upon Jehovah" is a useful catchall and legal action against the Society has been considered "bringing reproach" in the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit