ALERT FRON BETHEL (this may be it)

by Hiddenwindow 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

A prominent Bethel elder shared this information with another elder: There are some Bethel workers who have been invited to leave Bethel, but are refusing to do so and are taking the Society to court while still residing in Brooklyn. If this is true, this could be the reason behind the sale of Brooklyn property.

• lisavegas420
  • Gopher
    Gopher

These Bethel slaves are no longer welcome. How can they physically stay? Their room is on Watchtower property, and they served at the pleasure of their Watchtower leaders. We need more details on what it means to 'refuse to leave'. The part about suing the Society -- on what legal grounds? Inquiring minds want to know.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Stop teasing us.

Maybe we could all pray for it to happen .

• minimus
    minimus

Imagine suing to STAY in Bethel! These old geezers have no $$ for a lawyer, do they?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I could definitely believe in this conspiracy ;-)

• JeffT
    JeffT

Could be an interesting case, as there are two ways it could play out.

1) The WTBS has an implied obligation to care for the people it encouraged to give up all other financial resources to work for the Watchtower. Most other religions do take care of, for instance, retired priests and nuns.

2) People went to Bethel voluntarily and the Watchtower is under no obligation to do anything for them.

It would depend a lot on who said what when and if a judge can be persuaded that whatever was said constitutes an obligation to be met. Or the judge can take a few that no matter what was said a religion that owns about a billion dollars of real estate in NYC can sell some of it to take care of its people. "Refusing to leave" may draw attention to the matter, but probably won't hold up legally, as even if it is determined that the WTBS has to take care of them it can keep them off the property.

I'd recommend pitching tents in the nearest park.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I did hear about a case in Germany where long time bethelites sued successfully for a pension from the Society for their long time service. In Europe bad treatment of workers is not so much tolerated as in America, and the Society's argument they were merely volunteers not entitled to a pension did not wash. I have not managed to find anything more about that online however.

If this report from Brooklyn is true then it can only be hoped these people will turn apostate, start posting on here, and give up some inside information on what's happening at the headquarters these days.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

If they gave their names, I would organize Pennies for their PayPal account, so they can buy burritos and Easy Mac to fuel their fight.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The WT wants to ship the ones they used away from Bethel because it would be such bad publicity if the ones they let go hung around as homeless begging in the Brooklyn Hieght area,, can you imagine the bad image they would get with thier neighbors and city officials!

Maybe they should threaten to stay in the area and become homeless beggars I bet that would get their attention.

My sugestion is for those asked to leave threaten with poverty to make known to them that you will bring it right to the door of the WT,, by living on the sidewalks of the Brooklyn Hieght area and and cause a terrible stench for the WT to deal with by its nieghbors,,,that will eventually become worldwide and be worse perhaps than the pedofile stench!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit