boy are they delusional

by booby 18 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

They live in their own little world.

Here's some more Propaganda from them....

It Really Pays To BE 100% Honest At All Times

Always Be Honest

Let's Watch How We Walk

A Witness moved to Houston , Texas . Some weeks after
    he arrived, he had Occasion to ride the bus from his
    home to the Downtown area.

When he sat down, he discovered that the driver
    Had accidentally given him a quarter too much.

As he considered what to do, he thought to
    Himself, 'You better give the quarter back; It
    Would be wrong to keep it.' Then he thought, 'Oh,
    Forget it, it's only a quarter; Why worry About this
    little amount? The bus company Already gets too much
    fare; they will never miss It; accept it as a gift
    from Jehovah and keep Quiet.'

When his stop came, he paused momentarily at the
    Door; Then he handed the quarter to the driver
    And said, 'Here Sir; you gave me too much change. . .

The driver with a smile, replied, 'I see you have
    Those magazines that the witnesses carry; Are you
    One of Jehovah's Witness? I have been thinking lately
    About going to worship somewhere; I just wanted
    To see what you would do if I gave you too much
    Change!' When the Witness stepped off the bus, he
    Literally grabbed the nearest light pole, and Held on,
    and said, 'Oh Jehovah, I almost sold your
    Name for a quarter! '

MORAL:
    Our lives are the only Bible some people will Ever
    read;

'Let's Watch How We Walk.'

-Hebrews 13:18

• joebin
    joebin

...'Oh Jehovah, I almost sold your Name for a quarter! ' LOL..It was all a set-up, the ultimate test!! and the driver was in on it. For a quarter he could have been zapped at Armageddon.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Read about Jose martin Perez, from the Awake mag, dated November 8, 1988 pages 13-15.........then at the bottom read about his dissociation in 1996. I've often wondered when he is now.

http://www.exjws.net/pioneers/perez.htm

lisa

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

What goes through the mind of a lifelong JW on their deathbed who was told since early childhood that they wouldn't live out their youth....how do they reconcile pissing away their one and only life?

R's Hubby

And he looks around and sees his oldest daughter, is not at his deathbed, because he told her a long time ago that she was dead to him because she didn't believe as he did. lisa

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    The photograph got me thinking about people. What's going to go through the minds of all the people who have seen us over the years at the moment they realize they should have listened?

At least this person (female?) has got around to actually think about the people on the outside..The next step is to wonder why ordinary regular family minded people are due to be slaughtered..You never know where thinking will take you

Too many dubs of my acquaintance refuse to think.."Just leave it up to Jehovah" they say

• booby
    booby

cameo-d. It is a witnesses musing taken from an e-mail site.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The quarter story was absurd, not to mention contrived. What does giving a quarter back mean? It would have more meaning if it were a hundred dollar bill. Giving 25 cents back doesn't make a person honest.

• TopHat
    TopHat

The story is an Urban Legend, In other words "made up to make witnesses look good"

• Undecided
    Undecided

I just visited my cousin who has cancer. She has never been an active witness since she married a worldly person when she was 16. She always believed the "truth" though and her mother was a special pioneer untill she died a year ago. She is handling the fact that she will not live more than a couple of years very well. She believes she will be resurrected and see her mother and other JW relatives she loved. She is 70 now. She has lived a very good life with her worldly husband and has travelled all over the US and other countries. They have an RV about 40 feet long and lived in Florida in the winter in it. They have a beautiful home and two sons and several grandkids who are not JWs.

We were very close when young and I hate to see her die and am glad she has hope in something that gives her comfort. Religion can give you some help in times like this. It's no always bad. I'll try to not destroy her hope by debunking the "truth" when I visit her.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit