boy are they delusional

by booby 18 Replies latest jw friends

• booby
    booby

I wonder if people really stop and think about us. They see us at the
    markets, courthouses, street corners, gas stations, town centers, and
    at their front door, to mention only a few places you'll find a Witness.

I was on this website of this man who has no legs, who has traveled
    the world taking pictures of people while riding by on a skateboard. I
    couldn't help but notice the bright-colored magazines being held by a
    man in one of his pictures. Of course, he's one of our brothers, a
    faithful servant of Jehovah holding one of our Brochures, the title
    escapes my mind at the moment.

The photograph got me thinking about people. What's going to go
    through the minds of all the people who have seen us over the years at
    the moment they realize they should have listened? At the moment they
    recognize that we had news of salvation all along but now it's too late?

Is it going to be like those movies where they show the person's life
    flashing before their eyes, except with memories of the opportunities
    to hear the truth that they dismissed? Or are they going to call back
    to mind all the cynical thoughts they had about us every time they
    passed us on the street? What feelings will this realization evoke?
    anger? resentment? regret? desperation?

Or maybe that feeling one gets when their life is no longer in their
    hands, like what one experiences when going through a car crash. Heart
    pumping, adrenaline rushing through your veins as your brain injects
    the chemical and within seconds it has penetrated every organ, and
    your body goes numb as you try to stay aware of your existence and
    hold on to what bit of consciousness you have.

Maybe, or maybe it will just be hopelessness. Maybe they'll all feel
    like they've missed the boat, and retract into their distractions
    hoping they can elude destruction by not paying attention to it, as
    they have been doing all along.

Whatever the case may be, this photo really reminds me that we are
    seen, even if we are not heard.

Website with the picture:
    http://www.therollingexhibition.com/gallery2.php

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Armageddon: Just around the corner since 1874!"

• Gopher
    Gopher

This essay shows that JW's are deluded. They think their work is SO important that God and the angels are watching every person for their reaction to the Watchtower message.

When the man with no legs (Kevin Connolly) went around the world taking pictures of various people reacting to him, he saw people going about their various activities. Then he came across a JW doing street work and snapped a photo.

So Conolly's website somehow reminds this JW essayist that everyone who doesn't listen to JW's will die at Armageddon! Apparently everyone is to blame for living their life -- and normal activities are "distractions" that keep people from paying to the all-important message peddled by the JW's.

It's sad and it's delusional.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

is this booby's real sentiments or is this copied as a joke? I am not clear.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Deluded is the right word I think. Many of the Jehovah's Witnesses I know actually feel like they are the center of Jehovah's universe and all of teh angels are sitting on pins and needles waiting for one more to take the plunge. Wait...they are taught that!

• jambon1
    jambon1

The witnesses are such loving people. What a horrible thing to think about. I actually feel that somehow, they are ALL mentally touched in some way. Thinking like that is just not right by most peoples standards.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Where did you get this? Is it for real? What is an appropriate response to something like that? From the WT point of view, any moment now God will destroy the vast majority of human life from the earth in a huge holocaust that makes Hitler's version look amateurish. And, according to this person, moments before their eternal damnation, those billions of people will be remembering the JW's who may have crossed their paths, realizing that their decision to ignore them is why they are now judged unworthy of life. What a vision! I just don't even know what to say to someone who thinks like this. The Watchtower's teachings dehumanize their followers. Or, should I say, teach their followers to dehumanize everyone else. This is profoundly sad.

• restrangled
    restrangled

What goes through the mind of a lifelong JW on their deathbed who was told since early childhood that they wouldn't live out their youth....how do they reconcile pissing away their one and only life?

R's Hubby

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The more I think about it the more I think that a Witness who believes it until his dying day is the most fortunate of all. He never has to face the fact he was wrong. In a sense he never was wrong.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder what happens when the witlesses are about to die, perhaps after a long illness or an accident (received as a result of field circus?), and they realize that they have wasted their whole lives doing nothing. They lived an austere life when they should have enjoyed it. All they did was boasting sessions, field circus, and reading the Washtowel and Asleep magazines. And now they realize there isn't going to be a resurrection (or perhaps they will miss out on it because of a single bad thought 60 years ago, or for "murdering" someone by going in early when they were sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit