Religulous with Bill Maher…I just saw it

by seven006 121 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Why would I waste my money on what is obviously a dishonest piece of anti-religious, anti-theist propaganda delivered by a smug, arrogant, disrespectful and delusional character like Maher?
    BTS

So you can intelligently criticize him? I've noticed nearly every criticism I've read of the film are by those who have not seen it, yet they speak as if they have.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    So you can intelligently criticize him?

Have you watched the movie? Which of my criticisms are unintelligent? I have not spoken as if I have seen the movie, I have just shown what interviewees have said regarding how the content of their interviews was presented. Specifically the three individuals that were cited in a post earlier in this thread. Maher's treatment was definitely, clearly dishonest, and you don't have to watch the movie to see that. I'll download it for free off the 'net when it becomes available, but for now, Maher gets none of my money.

BTS

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Why would I waste my money on what is obviously a dishonest piece of anti-religious, anti-theist propaganda delivered by a smug, arrogant, disrespectful and delusional character like Maher?

You're thinking of Expelled. But replace "anti-religious, anti-theist" with "anti-science" and replace "Maher" with "Ben Stein". ;)

• shamus100
    shamus100
    Benedict is the only Catholic Pope.

No kidding. Thanks for the 411.

• shamus100
    shamus100
    I'll download it for free off the 'net

That's illegal. Why do religious people break the law?

• sir82
    sir82

"Hey, Joe Elder, why won't you read Crisis of Conscince?"

Why would I waste my money on what is obviously a dishonest piece of anti-religious, anti-theist propaganda delivered by a smug, arrogant, disrespectful and delusional character like Maher R. Franz?
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    That's illegal.

It is only illegal where it is illegal. Many of these documentaries get hosted legally for free after a certain period of time. Look at M Moore. The ultimate goal is not to make money, but to indoctrinate weak minded people.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

"Hey, Joe Elder, why won't you read Crisis of Conscince?"

Why would I waste my money on what is obviously a dishonest piece of anti-religious, anti-theist propaganda delivered by a smug, arrogant, disrespectful and delusional character like Maher R. Franz?

Talk about a bad example. I did not find Franz's book to be any of these things. If anything, he was extremely charitable to those that harmed him. There is a big difference between Franz and Maher and my posts above demonstrate part of the dishonest intent of the movie. BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    You're thinking of Expelled . But replace "anti-religious, anti-theist" with "anti-science" and replace "Maher" with "Ben Stein". ;)

No argument here. Stein used similar methods. I didn't go watch his movie either.

BTS

• shamus100
    shamus100
    It is only illegal where it is illegal. Many of these documentaries get hosted legally for free after a certain period of time. Look at M Moore.

It's okay - just see what would happen if you downloaded it and the authorities found out.

It's illegal, end of story. YOU are breaking the law when YOU download movies off the net. YOU are a thief. YOU can be charged with copywright infringement.

Do you actually look at what you type and go "Jeez, I'm a real piece of work... nobody can have an intelligent conversation with me because I'm such an arrogant prick." I sure hope that you're not like that in real life, my friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit