Religulous with Bill Maher…I just saw it

by seven006 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

JWs were not mentioned at all.

This might actually be a good thing if anyone is thinking of recommending it to JW friends, family or acquaintances. The selling point could be that he's (a) not attacking the JWs and (b) pointing out the absurdity of several other belief systems and (c) the insanity that results when religious fundamentalist crackpots have political power - all of which would be cool for JWs to observe because they would agree with it.

The fact that JWs didn't even register as a blip on the radar might offend some JWs who feel that their beliefs are of earth shattering significance.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie.

Seven006:

.for those reading this who wonder about the rows of dots in my posts, the computer I post on is a Mac and I am too lazy and not interested enough to jump through all the coding hoops to make it look right for this Mac unfriendly PC coded site

Actually, I think that all you would need to do to at least have separate paragraphs in your posts is to uncheck the "Check here to use HTML formatting" box and check the "Automatic Cr/Lf" box below the Post window. If you do this and use the Enter key to create paragraph breaks, then your submitted post will come out looking the same as you typed it.

• minimus
    minimus

Dave, you've turned into such an apostate.

• seven006
    seven006

Dan,

Thanks for the info I’ll try it but I’ve tried it before and I still get the run on sentences…………….

Min, You use to be more creative than that…………………………………………………

Cameo-d yes….it mentions the old testament bible several times………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Missing,

Bill Maher specifically said at the end of the movie it was not going to make it to Ireland and if people from Ireland wanted to see it they should buy the DVD from his good friend Dave from Oregon in the states. Dave will be the only one blessed by him and god to sell it or speak in his behalf about it’s world wide distribution………………………………………………………………………………………………….Dave

• seven006
    seven006

Dan,

It looks like It worked

Thanks

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

No problem bro ;)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The fact that JWs didn't even register as a blip on the radar might offend some JWs who feel that their beliefs are of earth shattering significance.

Or their deluded minds may lead them to believe that not even the big, bad Bill Maher will mess with Jehovah's organization. LOL!

Btw, Bill Maher is the only reason we have HBO.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds interesting
    S

• Galileo
    Galileo

I can't wait to see this. It looks great. That being said, I hope no one considers Bill Maher any kind of spokesman for us skeptics. Sure, he doesn't believe in god, but he does believe in homeopathy, and that vaccines don't prevent disease but do cause autism (according to him polio was wiped out by better hygiene). He backs up his nutty health claims by quoting "doctors" that say HIV doesn't cause AIDS. I enjoy his take on a lot of subjects, and I'm sure I'll love "Religiulous". Just please don't mistake him for a true skeptic, or as an example of someone that has arrived at their atheism through any kind of scientific thinking.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I don't have anything to say about the movie. But I did want to pop in and tell Dave hi.

Hi!

*waving*

((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) to an ornery ol' fart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit