...Are Jehovah`s Witness`s Christian`s?...

by OUTLAW 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Christians recognize "Jesus",as the mediator between God and man.....Jehovah`s Witness`s recognize the "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society",as the mediator between God and man.....Jesus is out of a Job!!..The WBT$ fired him a long time ago!..LOL!!......................Jehovah`s Witness`s don`t follow the words of Jesus.They follow the words of the WBT$.....Are Jehovah`s Witness`s Christian`s?................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• 4mylove
    4mylove

In my own opinion they are most certainly not!

Christian Organizations do things for their community, not just their congregation. Christians accept anyone into their lives, not just their "brother and sisters".

Christians, as you very well put it, believe in Christ, no the archangel Michael. (Dumbasses)

Christians bring their families together, not split them because of difference in beliefs.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The proof:

*** w91 2/15 p. 18 par. 11 “You Were Bought With a Price” ***

11 Nevertheless, in a preliminary way, the great crowd have already “washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.” (Revelation 7:14) Christ does not act as Mediator of the new covenant toward them, yet they benefit from this covenant through the work of God’s Kingdom. Christ still acts toward them, however, as High Priest, through whom Jehovah can and does apply the ransom to the extent of their now being declared righteous as God’s friends.

*** w96 9/1 p. 14 par. 4 The Law of the Christ ***

4 Who would be taken into this new covenant? Certainly not the literal “house of Israel,” who rejected the Mediator of this covenant. (Hebrews 9:15) No, this new “Israel” would be the “Israel of God,” a nation of spiritual Israelites. (Galatians 6:16; Romans 2:28, 29) This small, spirit-anointed group of Christians would later be joined by “a great crowd” from all nations who would also seek to worship Jehovah. (Revelation 7:9, 10; Zechariah 8:23) While not party to the new covenant, these too would be bound by law.

*** w91 2/15 p. 17 par. 8 “You Were Bought With a Price” ***

8 Hence, the ransom sacrifice is fundamental to the new covenant, of which Jesus is the Mediator. Paul wrote: “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.” (1 Timothy 2:5, 6) Those words especially apply to the 144,000, with whom the new covenant is made.

S

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

There are about fifty million different definitions of Christian and it seems as though small groups make up their own definitions as they go along so as not to seem like deviants.

Most mainstream Christians do not view Jehovah's Witnesses as Christian because JWs do not WORSHIP the Christ. They do not view him as God or part of the Trinity as does most of mainstream Christianity. However, another definition some use (even those outside of the JWs) believe that to be Christian means following the teachings or examples of Christ.

Now that, in my view, would still work except that JWs don't follow the teachings of Christ. They follow the teachings of the apostle Paul. If anything, that makes them Pauline Christians with more up to date doctrine and interpretations based on the WBTS.

er

• OBVES
    OBVES

Oh common ! You look for dollars not what the Watchtower is teaching about thye Bible. Read my posts how I prove they are the only true christian organizagtion if any .

If they are true you can give up even all your possessions to support them financially as your money may become worthless in the year 2011 AD.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Obves..What dollars am I looking for?..I`ve asked no one for a monetary contribution in my thread..I`ve asked them for a response.....Everyone gave me a thoughtful response but you.....Now give every dime you have,to the WBT$.....Let us know how your life is in 2011..We don`t want to hear from you until then..LOL!!...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Obves..I have one last comment for you.................I`m not a Christian..I have many friends that are.....They follow the words and actions of Jesus,as a Guide in their Life..They are good and remarkable people.......I don`t see that in you......You don`t point to the Life,Word`s and Actions,of Jesus.....You are a WBT$ Advocate.....The WBT$,is your Mediator between you and God.......................Your not a Christian.........................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

The question of whether JWs are Christian, I feel, is a pointless thing to ask.

Many Christian groups accuse each other of being non-Christian. As a perfect example, the JWs believe they are the ONLY Christian group and ridicule the claims of "Christianity" by other groups. I have no desire to follow in their footsteps in that regard.

And since I do not claim Christianity for myself, why the hell would I feel a desire to judge what label they should apply to themselves according to their specific wrong interpretation of their made-up book of fairy tales? They can call themselves Snickerdoodles for all I care.

They claim to follow Christ and call themselves Christians. Bully for them. Is anyone, outside of competing religious nutjobs arguing for their particular Christian views, really concerned about this?

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

They are considered Christian by those who study religions. However, their own literature, as Satanus quotes, shows they do not consider Christ to be the savior for all. While they see themselves as saved by Christ, they believe that they become the savior of their followers. Sounds like the definition of a false Christ to me.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

They are considered Christian by those who study religions. However, their own literature, as Satanus quotes, shows they do not consider Christ to be the savior for everyone in the same way. While they see themselves as saved by Christ, they believe that they become the savior of their followers. Sounds like the definition of a false Christ to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit