...Are Jehovah`s Witness`s Christian`s?...

by OUTLAW 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

er

They follow the teachings of the apostle Paul. If anything, that makes them Pauline Christians with more up to date doctrine and interpretations based on the WBTS.

They do? Which teachings?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I agree..Many Christians do accuse other Christians,of not being Christians.....Jehovah`s Witness`s set themselves above "All Christians".....Jehovah`s Witness`s believe,"they" are the only True Christian Religion!..Yet,they openly ignore Jesus as their Mediator....The Watchtower Bible and Tract society has earned the endless scrutiny,that has followed them for over 100yrs..............................."SnickerDoodles"..LOL!!...........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

The socalled anointed may be considered christians. However, by their own definition, they exclude all other jws from being christians, followers of christ, part of his 'body', etc, because they say that jesus is not mediating on their behalf. All others receive 'benefits' only through association w the 'anointed', but only a select few anointed, namely the gb. By their definition and description, all other jws are merely wt corporation followers/drones/employees (nonpaid), whose standing may be canceled at the pleasure of the corporation at any time for anything that the corporation determines. Neither christ, nor the bible has any say in the matter.

S

• bob1999
    bob1999

The Bible makes it clear that to be a Christian one has to be "in Christ"

The WTS teaches that only the 144000 are in Christ.

So the only JW's that are Christians are those of the 144000, by the WTS own teachings.

Peace.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I would say yes in a broader sense, but no in a more fundamental sense of the word. A truly Christian religion wouldn't put so much emphasis on works, because it minimizes the saving power of Christ's ransom.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Satanus..You`ve hit the nail on the head..By the WBT$`s own definition,Jehovah`s Witness`s are not Christians..Even the Anointed JW`s follow the will of the WBT$,not the teachings of Jesus.........................................Bob1999..Those 144,000 still follow the will,of the WBT$..How can you be a Christian and follow someone other than Jesus?..The JW`s who are of the 144,000 are not Christians..They are followers of the WBT$.....................................................Kezer Soze..Is`nt there some place in the Bible that says "You will be saved by Faith,not Works?"(Can some of my Christian Bud`s on the board,help me out with that?..Thanks!)...............................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Slappy
    Slappy

Here's one of them...

"...that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:7-9

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks Slappy!.........If any other of my Christian Buds know more,Please chime in!..Thanks!........................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Slappy
    Slappy

Ephesians 2:8-9 is the most commonly used portion, but here are a few others...

"Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings fro the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel..." 2 Timothy 1:8-10

"...to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law." Romans 3:26-28

And I found this next portion quite interesting...

"And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work." Romans 11:6

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Slappy.....Bingo!.....Thats the one I was looking for..Thanks!..............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit