Needs some relief bad if any of you lovely ladies here can help!

by Witness 007 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The Australian summer can be so hot. Do any of you homemakers know how I can keep my house cool?........Oh crap did I post this in "Adult"......now all the wrong people will check this out.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well there you go. I moved it to Friends

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

That title misled me for a minute. I thought maybe I was on the wrong fourm.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Keep the blinds and curtains closed on the side of the house where the sun is shining. Don't open windows if the air outside feels too hot. Fans, turn on fans on the ceiling and regular fans. Do you have an air conditioner? Use it in the afternoons and evenings and use the fans to circulate the cool air better. Dress lightly in cotton clothing. Wet your hair in the shower. Keep a washcloth in iced water and put one around your neck. When it warms up, switch it with another cold one. Take off your socks and shoes and put your feet in some cool water. Sit in front of a fan.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Keep your blinds or curtains closed during the hottest part of the day.

Ceiling fans are the best, but any fan will help.

If you have air conditioning, do not open windows and keep the door shut. Like we say down here, "You'll let all the bought air out".

Trees or shrubs around the house can help too.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

When you wake in the AM and your house is cooler, try to hold on to that cool temp as long as you can by not opening windows and shades where the sun is shining. If it gets really hot, take a cool shower or bath. Not cold, but just under warm.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Buy a refrigerator for every room of the house, and leave their doors open all the time.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I'm thinking of installing outside Metal Roller shutters instead of Air conditioning.....otherwise I just have fans which don't do much.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Buy a refrigerator for every room of the house, and leave their doors open all the time.

LOL - HAHAHAHAHA

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

dont know what your humiditiy is where you are at ...but if it's dry and hot-

soak some sheets in water...ring them out good and hang those sheets in the window... the draft will cool the house down a bit and add a little dampness.

Old time West Texas, New Mexico, Arizona airconditioning!

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit