Needs some relief bad if any of you lovely ladies here can help!

by Witness 007 14 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

What type of hot?

Dry, humid, breezy, or still?

Is the electric bill a concern?

How about window box units?

I like fans & opened windows...but I get a great a breeze and live in a dry heat area.....I also do the wet sheet thing.

Ditto on the trees (but check local fire code about planting near home).

I also like shaded porches or awnings above windows to reduce direct heat absorption.

A guy a couple of streets over installed some outdoor mesh-shade canopies, it covers his entire house and some of the yard.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Here in the southern USA, we have air conditioning. When I was poor once, we bought a $100 dollar one and put it in the bedroom and shut the doors and stayed in there.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

If you don't have a/c and the weather is dry, keep a couple of spray bottles in the frig, filled with water and a little essential oil to make it smell nice. Now and then mist yourself all over and you'll feel cool for a while. I used to do that, plus keep the windows covered and all the rooms semi-dark to keep the house cool. Plus fans. Wear very light clothing, drink a lot of water, and sleep in shorts and t-shirt instead of having a top sheet and blanket.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Find a hot chick with A/C in your neighborhood and sit with her at her place. It's free, and....you get to hang out with a hottie.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

An awning on our northern windows makes a huge difference. We even put one up on the blank wall that bakes for all of January and Feb. I also keep all doors shut all day when we're out; when it's been dark inside all day it's more pleasant to get home to. Set up convection currents with open windows or doors at each of the sunny/dark ends of the house; air will be pulled through from the cool side, creating a nice draft. We don't have a/c and we do fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit