The Sheer Boring Monotony Of Being A Jehovah's Witness

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What a terrible way of wasting valuable time. Going to meetings is the biggest scam. You get nothing more from going than you would if you read a publication in the comfort of your home.

Driving around aimlessly "preaching the good news" to no one home is another beauty.

Being purposely dumbed down is inexcusable. Not being able to get "higher education" benefits nobody, really. Living in your own little Witness World doesn't make you a better person than those "worldy ones".

Losers enjoy being Jehovah's Witnesses. Losers don't like thinking critically. Losers don't like thinking. Period. They would just as soon just do what they're told, wash some windows and call it another successful week.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Just last night, at home with my kids, I thought to myself: Gosh, I'm so glad I'm not sitting at the Kingdumb Hell with another hour to go!

I also plan to attend a 'Convention' of my own, this year. The World Beer Festival in North Carolina.

• minimus
    minimus

It was mind numbing,

• undercover
    undercover

A beer festival could be mind numbing as well...

...but in a good way...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I loved the Kingdom Hall!!..The seats were hard..The speakers were boring..And..You had all the time in the world to see how long you could hold your breath........We learned lots too!..God`s name is Jehovah!.The "Generation of 1914" would not pass away!..Smurf`s are demonized!..The date for Armageddon was 1975!..1976 was the year we would definitely be in the New System!..In the New system there will be dead bodies every where!..In the New System you can live in any nice home you want.You just have to get rid of the dead people in them!..In the New system You can Pet Lions and Talk to Blueberry`s!...........I love the Kingdom Hall..That`s where you get smart and your brain grow`s!..All Praise.......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• startingover
    startingover

I agree, but if you have a group of friends to hang out and suffer with, it's different. My wife always goes out in service on Wednesday morning, wouldn't miss it, unless her friends aren't going. If there is ever a Wednesday she doesn't go out, I know immdeicately her friends are out of town or busy. Apparently she won't go out and take her chances on who she may get paired up with. And I doubt seriously if the meetings would be so important if she wasn't good at making friends and knew no one there.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I think that those assemblies were the very very worst of it all. Interminable. SOS all over and over and over again.

This may be why there is such a frenzy over any scrap of "new light", or the latest DF announcement.

Anything to break the monotony.

• james_woods
    james_woods

And let me just add to the above - this was a large part of the want and need to "volunteer" for little meaningless jobs - something to get you up off your butt during those endless meetings...

i.e. - handle the sound system or the microphones. Conduct the WT study. Security walker at the assembly. Food Service (while it lasted, and before they ordered you to stop what you were doing and take your seat during the sessions).

Meetings designed to slowly kill your reasoning & questioning brain cells by advanced atrophy.

• minimus
    minimus

brain cell atrophy

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i am an ex-jw..

i have never been so bored in my life

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit