Did You Find That A Lot of JWs Were Cheap?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I did. And I hate cheap people!

• james_woods
    james_woods

A lot of them have to be - (like the COs, pioneers, paper-hangers, janitors, etc.) -

But I did know several of them who had decent jobs, businesses, and such - and almost all of them were embarassingly cheap. It was almost as if they were ashamed to publicly acknowledge that they had anything when most of the others were so poor. Also, the WT creed almost idolizes a near monk-like existence "for the good of the kingdom". This went for about 80% of all witnesses I knew who had two dimes to rub together.

There were also a few (here I will say 20%) who sort of "wanted to be rich" and kind of over-displayed what they had. But this was a decided minority.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

yea...but for the underemployed 'cheap' is a virtue. The rich one who cheated tips etc always irked me.

J

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I have found the ratio to be the same with non-JWs.

• minimus
    minimus

Leaving, not me. I've been out with multitudes of "worldly" people. No contest between them and JWs.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes, most were cheap a few very generous yet most dubs in that congo were quite well off. Some of the poorer ones were among the generous for as much as they could afford that is.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yep..Lots of cheap JW`s..More than I`ve met in the outside world.....The WBT$ keeps many of them poor..You can`t blame the poor ones for being frugal............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• yknot
    yknot

Nope, not really.

I have known ones with people who are financially responsible and on a modest budget.....but not cheap.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Maybe the ones in Mississippi were different. The ones in our hall were over extended with debt. They figured the end was coming so why not buy stuff you'll never have to pay for. I remember my uncle was a "debt free" type and everyone criticized. him.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Did You Find That A Lot of JWs Were Cheap? IS THE POPE CATHOLIC?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit