Economy Fixed. All is A-OK

by cameo-d 42 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Bottom line, if the US government does not take these measures, we are all at risk of being in line at the soup kitchen in 6 months.

If that's not at least trying to save families, I don't know what is.

Well, if you had a government in any form that people trusted - they might be more inclined to believe that. I don't see it. You have no idea if the bail out will work and it's doubtful that it will work entirely. People who have lost their jobs and their homes already know the US has been in a recession despite what Bush, McCain and Paulson kept telling people. If it works - the upswing will most certainly be temporary and global economists are predicting that but they every one of them predicts a long, harsh recession - perhaps running years - with a high predicatability of a depression no matter what is done.

I haven't heard anyone in the government say 'gee, it's costing us 10 billion a month in Iraq (minimum) - let's leave now and put that money back into the American disaster relief fund" - that's 120 billion a year. I did hear them commit a million here and 12 million there..a billion over there - that doesn't equate in any way with trying to save families because that would have to start at home...sammieswife.

• done4good
    done4good

Well, if you had a government in any form that people trusted - they might be more inclined to believe that. I don't see it. You have no idea if the bail out will work and it's doubtful that it will work entirely. People who have lost their jobs and their homes already know the US has been in a recession despite what Bush, McCain and Paulson kept telling people. If it works - the upswing will most certainly be temporary and global economists are predicting that but they every one of them predicts a long, harsh recession - perhaps running years - with a high predicatability of a depression no matter what is done.

I haven't heard anyone in the government say 'gee, it's costing us 10 billion a month in Iraq (minimum) - let's leave now and put that money back into the American disaster relief fund" - that's 120 billion a year. I did hear them commit a million here and 12 million there..a billion over there - that doesn't equate in any way with trying to save families because that would have to start at home...sammieswife.

I understand your point. But my point is, people are taking that distrust way too far for their own good. You are absolutely correct to say that I have no way to know if the bailout will work, but there is enough support from both parties to at least see that there exists some ring of truth to the fear being generated by the politicians over this. Again no one in the US wants a $700 billion liability. I, for one am not willing to take the risk of not going along with the plan, here.

It's easy for those who are already out of work to say "The hell with it all, tell the govenment to go f*ck off!" But that really just seems to show a great deal of jealousy for the the other 95% in the US that are working. Surely you can figure that out. Do you really want to risk another Great Depression? Wouldn't it be better to at least try to avoid it?

j

• Gill
    Gill

It can't be stopped. It was started on purpose.

The great 'land grab' was started to allow property to be taken from the people by the bankers. The people at the top are not going to lose anything.

It is only the govenment and hence the people who will be bankrupted.

To the elite of the elite, land is invaluable.

Think how much you can make renting out properties to the 'useless feeders' of society.

The banks are refusing to lend money to eachother simply to bring the economy to its knees and get a free gift for doing so from the government.

These people are clever....very very clever and above the law.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Surely you can figure that out. Do you really want to risk another Great Depression? Wouldn't it be better to at least try to avoid it?

j

I think either way - 25% of the entire population is going to suffer. That means that the other 75% will take over the care of those without - and that means that your own value will diminish substantially. There is no 'out'. The people who will suffer nothing, are those who just gained billions. There are other more feasible plans that can be used without socializing the financial industry and bankrupting every American and thereby achieving the same end result. Avoiding it doesn't mean buying into the bailout - it means using the best means available to defuse the situation. Nobody wants a recession or depression - but they are coming. Slow or painful - quick and hard hitting - that's the only difference.

Quite frankly - I think its absurd that you have the government telling you to bailout banks so they have more money to lend you - but in the same breath everyone is screaming because all that borrowing and bad lending got you into the situation in the first place. Wouldn't it be more reasonable to expect that people should resist more credit? sammieswife.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Basically, the USA does not even own the USA any more.

I was just thinking about the "flee" part. They used to close the gates of Jesusalem on sabbath. No one could get in or out. I wonder how long it will take until our roads are in full posession of the lesees.

Roads and bridges built by U.S. taxpayers are starting to be sold off, and so far foreign-owned companies are doing the buying.

On a single day in June, an Australian-Spanish partnership paid $3.8 billion to lease the Indiana Toll Road. An Australian company bought a 99-year lease on Virginia's Pocahontas Parkway, and Texas officials decided to let a Spanish-American partnership build and run a toll road from Austin to Seguin for 50 years.

Few people know that the tolls from the U.S. side of the tunnel between Detroit and Windsor, Canada , go to a subsidiary of an Australian company which also owns a bridge in Alabama .

The US government is itching to use its 500 000 plastic coffins, so be careful. Very bad men are running this show and don't believe anything they tell you.

Don't you think it's rather convenient that almost all American military have been sent out of the country to foreign soil? There is no military to guard the hen house here at home. Sounds like a very planned chaos doesn't it?

There are "closed" military bases that are very active. Our bases are now filled with UN military and they are from all over the world. American military would not arrest citizens in mass and round them up for a trecherous government. This is why they needed imported military.

It's all a very clever plan, don't you see?

• done4good
    done4good
    Avoiding it doesn't mean buying into the bailout - it means using the best means available to defuse the situation. Nobody wants a recession or depression - but they are coming. Slow or painful - quick and hard hitting - that's the only difference.

Yes...but what are those means? It seems to me, if we can smooth this out, even a little bit, that can buy us some time to work things out. I'll take slow and painful any day...that's more like the '70s than the '30s. We eventually overcame the '70s.

I completely agree on your points about not being dependent on credit, at least on a personal level. However, macroeconomics, like it or not, is completely dependent on credit, and the only way that would change is if we went back to the barter system. 'Taint gonna happen...

Sure, there are some real problems with handling things this way, inflation, not the least of which, (shadows of the '70s once again). We will be in for some tough times either way. That said, it's still better than waiting in line at the soup kitchen. As Shamus said in another thread, "it not the dirty '30s yet".

j

• PrimateDave
  • PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I know the end is near:
    I've seen the warning signs.
    Been preparin' myself,
    Layin' in supplies.
    I bought a case of Jack,
    A boxed-set of Merle:
    I'm gettin' ready,
    Ready for the end of the world.

I'm gettin' ready for the end to come:
    That final hour it all comes undone.
    An' she drops the bomb:
    An' says he ain't my girl.
    I'm gettin' ready,

[Instrumental break.]

My neon shelter waits,
    Where I can go to hide.
    While the memories burn,
    I'll be safe inside.
    With the honky-tonk few,
    Bracin' for the worst:
    I'm gettin' ready,

I'm gettin' ready for the end to come:
    That final hour it all comes undone.
    An' she drops the bomb:
    An' says he ain't my girl.
    I'm gettin' ready,

Yeah, I'll be ready:

by George Strait, from the Album "Somewhere Down in Texas"

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

What happens when those other countries want their money back from the U.S.? How will they collect. Suppose that you put leans on your home and everything in it and then you finally ran out of cash and credit with others. Most people at that point are powerless to stop others from taking the things they put leans on. Is the U.S. incapable of protecting itself from repo? No way! They have a larger arsenal than any other nation on earth. Basically were looking at a military giant borrowing everyone else's money and using it. What happens when the others want it back, it's too bad. I'm not saying it's right, but it is the way things are.

Now, by no means have things got that far. If they do, maybe something like the new deal will come along to build America's infrastructure back up and lower unemployment like in the 30's. It is what Japan did in the early 90's to keep unemployment low and rebuild infrastructure after their housing market collapsed and they lost three years of GDP.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Apparently the government website has crashed but if you go to Fox business news, you can read the draft up there now. Note the 1st paragraph/mission statement, last words 'and other'...which tells me that they know that the bailout is not relegated specifically to mortgages only. The vagaries of the bill leave out enough to make it obvious that this isn't the end. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit