Economy Fixed. All is A-OK

by cameo-d 42 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Right on, gill.

Whatever you say.

I'll take my vote here in the US and my freedom...yes REAL FREEDOM, not imagined freedom, over a life in China where they tell me where to live, how to live, what to study, where to work, and I have NO VOTE and no freedom of speech. (ETA: freedom of speech is POWER. Real power. Not imagined power. The people in this country DO have the power to change things.)

I will not sit by and throw up my hands and be a victim. You go ahead if you like.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If they say "peace and security" this week, will you go back cryin' to mama?

I don't see how peace is part of this asset reconstruction. Security? Yea I'm sure we'll hear a liberal use of that term in a few hours.

Back to Mama? Please

• Gill
    Gill

OK.

In the UK we can vote for the Labour Party, the conservative party or if you want another party that stands a snow balls chance in hell of getting in.

That is the choice. It never changes.

In the USA you can vote for Mc Cain or Obama but other people picked who these people you could vote for are.

You can vote Republican or Democrat party.

You cannot stop your govenment giving your money in bail out form to the elite rich bankers.

You can try. Would be interesting to see.

But YOU have no choice.

People attempted to stop the USA sleepwalking along with the UK into a war with Iraq. Did they listen> Nope. Were there weapons of mass destruction? Did they lie?

Are they lying now?

Are you sure you trust them?

Do you trust the Bohemian Grove Molech worshippers?

Would you prefer to believe that they are 'good' people?

No one can stop you believeing what you want, but when fact and unpleasant information comes out, some of us would prefer to bury our heads in the sand?

I lost all belief in govenment when they marched into Iraq and began their murderous escapade to secure oil and lied about why they were there.

You are no longer in the land of the free and neither am I.

Our rights are being diseminated and eroded by our leaders who fear that we will find out how bad they really are.

You have the right to bury your head in the sand because reality is frightening.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was referring to Gill. He made the comment that we can only vote for candidates that we are told to vote for. I wanted to know who this magical creature is that has so much influence over us

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There he goes again

• Gill
    Gill

The Elite of the Elite. The super rich who have no emotional ties or loyalties to any country only to their land assets, finances, and other assets.

National loyalties do not apply to them.

Why would your government rush to bail out banks and financial institutions and yet not help a family save themselves from being thrown out into the street?

Because the little man is irrelevant.

Only the elite of the elite who rule the world make the decisions over who sinks and swims in many aspects of life.

They decide on the presidents, prime ministers, wars, peace pacts......no one else counts.

How do you explain all the stupid decisions every govenment makes throughout history.

War makes money!

The elite LOVE war and money!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what does this have to do with my choice of vote in Nov? If I choose independent, is the Elite of the Elite going to jump into my voting booth and take my rights away?

It's these silly little comments that distract from the true issues. For starters, go back and research the system of government we have in the states.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

In his latest post, "Paulson Missed the Bubble and Understated the Financial Crisis at Every Point," Baker addresses a concern about the former Goldman Sachs honcho -- aside from the questionable assumption that his previous experience running an investment bank means he has the skills necessary to resolve the current crisis -- that Congress (and others) should be taking into account.

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson is telling Congress that if it doesn't give him a $700 billion blank check the financial system is going to collapse. It would be reasonable for reporters discussing this request to present some background on the track record of the person asking for this enormous blank check.

In March of 2007, after the first shock waves of the housing meltdown had already hit, the Associated Press reported Mr. Paulson's view that the credit difficulties linked to the housing slump would be limited.

In August of last year, after the second round of financial shock waves disrupted markets worldwide, Paulson commented, "We have the strongest global economy I???ve seen in my business lifetime."

Just last March he warmly endorsed a reduction in the capital requirements for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, saying "additional capital [invested in mortgages by Fannie and Freddie] will enable the companies to help more homeowners and will strengthen the underlying fundamentals of the mortgage market."

At every point along the way, Secretary Paulson has failed to see the extent of the crisis resulting from the collapse of the housing bubble. This raises serious questions about his judgment. Reporters should be discussing Paulson't track record in the context of this bailout proposal....

• done4good
    done4good
    Why would your government rush to bail out banks and financial institutions and yet not help a family save themselves from being thrown out into the street?

Everyone is missing the point here. No one wants to do this, (the government first and foremost), the issue must be addressed some way, however.

Bottom line, if the US government does not take these measures, we are all at risk of being in line at the soup kitchen in 6 months.

If that's not at least trying to save families, I don't know what is.

j

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

No doubt some elders will incorporate this into there talks...."Brothers this is the out working

of Jehovah's plans peace and security that we have been waiting to hear" etc etc etc

h40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit