No More gum chewing

by Iwonder17 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

We have this hounder in our hall who doesn't like people chewing gum in the hall. now I can understand kids but come on....

So he gets up there a few weeks ago and says:

"A brother told me that he was talking with a GB member, and the GB member said that chewing gum is rude"

Well guess what, now there is a rule that we can't chew gum in our hall. So I went out and bought a case of gum and put it in my meeting bag.....They will never see me without a piece ( or 5 ) of gum in my mouth going forward.

Actually, the other night I stuck my used gum on the hood of his car.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Actually, this is nothing new, they have been anti-gum for many years. My Dad was anti-gum, no problem I just took up smoking instead.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

We had many talks about that. And I agree, it is rude in a formal or business setting.

-Aude.

• oompa
    oompa

please figure out a way to stick some under every frikkin seat in the hall....maybe at at hall cleaning session..........oompa

• oompa
    oompa

and put 12 under the speaker stand.......oompa

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Use them at the literature counter to stick the pages together.

• tinker
    tinker

At one of the last CA's I attended they made the announcement that 'chewing gum is a rude and unclean habit' OK, I get the rude part when talking or in a business setting but what is 'unclean' about gum? The No Gum rule is one of the 'put me over the edge' issues with the WTBS. A stupid excuse to talk down to the flock.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

the thing about that amount of control is that they just about beg you to defy them.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

How in the heck can the DC speaker even see most people chewing gum? How would it be rude to him? I bet all 26,000 people in attendance could give him the middle finger and he wouldn't notice.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Gum Chewing may cause more brain activity..That can`t happen at the Kingdom Hall..All Praise......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit