Zev's UN/WTS Scandal Web Site - Part 2

by hawkaw 122 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

. http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69/

Over 1,440 hits in a few weeks.

Woooooohoooooo!!!!! Way to go Zev!!!!

The site has little space and can only stay up for a short time but it is ..

ROLLING!!!!!!

hawk

• Dino
    Dino

Well done Zev!

Appreciate the hard work.

Dino

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Zev,

just to congratulate you for your

web site. Excellent!

I'm waiting to hear report of other European

newspapers publishing articles about the matter

and I'll post the information with the links.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. I've away quite a while.(Work..)

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Zev,

I'm sorry for the "icon "

thumb UP!!! A great work.

J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I really dont understand why this UN thing is such a big deal.
    After all the UN is an absolute major player on the world scene its inevitable that the Jehovahs are going to have to be registered with them somewhere. Affiliated some way.Can we assume the Jehovahs are not registered with the British government? Course not. That would be ridiculous. You can bet the Jehovahs use Catholic Church resources as well .
    The only crime I can see is that the Jehovahs have concealed their connection.Is the crime bigger than I see it?

no criticism of zevs work..

• Dino
    Dino

Hello refiners fire and welcome.

Does your moniker refer to Malachi chapter 3?

The biggest thing with me on this whole UN thing is that BY THEIR OWN DEFINITION of neutrality they have been hypocritical.

Heinously so.

What do you think that the mothers of all those boys who were tortured and killed or at the very least jailed for some time because of MAINTAINING neutrality would think of the Governing Body if they knew of this?

It would be difficult, but if there was ever a basis for a class- action suit, I would love to see it stand on this alone.

That is why I feel so passionately about this subject.
    To catch up on our feelings, you might read the major UN threads in the scandals forum.

Welcome to the board,

Dino

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Refiner's Fire, the affiliation with the UN was completely VOLUNTARY on the part of the WTBS. The WTBS sought them out and joined of their own accord.

Affiliation with the UN-DPI carried with it certain terms that are in direct conflict with what the WTBS required of it's own members and it's ridiculous interpretations of Bible prophecy.

Many brothers and sisters were beaten, raped and killed in Malawi when they would not buy a political party card in a one party state. Witnesses would have been considered apostate for joining a YMCA to use their recreation facilities. Many Witnesses were imprisoned because they were expected to be neutral, which up until 1996 included refusing alternative civilian service assignments and recieving a criminal record.

The Society's condemning the UN, while at the same time, quietly affiliating themselves with it for over 10 years is blatant hypocrisy. The terms agreed to to maintain that affiliation include promoting of the UN ideals in their publications, thus tainting what was supposedly "food at the proper time" with promotion of the "scarlet coloured wild beast".

Path

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

well now you point those facts out......

Sorry dudes. Im just jaded. Ive uncovered so many of their lies
    that this UN thing scarce affects me. Doubtless it is affecting many others though.I dont care what the Jehovahs say anymore myself. Too bloody boring. Its just people who are hurting that interest me.
    Wanna help.

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward

I have a suggestion, then a comment.

First, I think the abstract can be improved if the syntax were altered; when I first read the sentence below, I thought that I would find an example of hypocrisy in that issue:

Yet, the leadership is sending the Witnesses to every home to preach about the wrongfulness of religious hypocrisy found in a November 15, 2001 Watchtower magazine.
    Would it not be better if the sentence were changed to read,

Yet, the leadership is sending the Witnesses to every home with a Watchtower magazine (November 15, 2001) which preaches about the wrongfulness of religious hypocrisy.
    Now, putting that point aside, I'd like to comment on this UN business. I've never been a JW, so perhaps I'm not as sensitive to the UN connection as others might be. What has always bothered me about the furor over this issue its plausibility. Some critics of the Watchtower claim that it knew that it was getting into bed with the purple beast, and hid this fact from the membership.

This seems very unlikely to me. Isn't what actually happened is that the Watchtower believed that it was merely making use of the resources available to the enemy; doesn't everyone, everywhere, in all conflicts, try to do exactly the same thing, if the opportunity presents itself? The Watchtower likely didn't realize that the papers some of its officials signed made it look like they embraced the ideals of the United Nations. Sure, they look foolish for having overlooked the fine print--if that's what it was, or for just being too lazy to learn the conditions under which organizations could use the UN's resources, but that's not the same as being hypocritical.

Unless someone can make a strong case for deliberate hypocrisy, I think all ex-JW's everywhere are ill-served by injudicious accusations. I don't believe the Watchtower was being hypocritical, and I'm not a JW, so I imagine faithful JWs will not believe it, either.

Ex-JWs can actually do harm to their cause through overzealous prosecution of their case; they will be accused of lying, and that may not be too far from the truth, unfortunately, if they continue to imply that the Watchtower accepted the UNs goals as their own. That's my opinion.

Joseph F. Alward
    "Skeptical Views of Christianity and the Bible"

* http://members.aol.com/jalw/joseph_alward.html

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Joseph, I think most here would agree with you as far as the WT "believing" it was just making use of the resources of the UN.

At the same time, they have denounced Christendom's churches for all sorts of things, making blanket statements that your average church would say is just not the case. Your average church is just selling religion, but the WT would have u believe they are part of some conspiracy to mislead all manking into worshipping the devil.

The WT has been paranoid over its members joining the YMCA and other trivial things. Paranoid over stupid things just because they had 'pagan roots'. Jesus Christ, you couldn't even have stinkin' windchimes! LOL.

But somehow the WT managed to excuse themselves of scrutiny. Any use of UN facilities should have been taken with extreme caution and examination and thought. But no, they were careless and led 6 million people into an adulterous relationship (according to their own stupid interpretations).

What sort of confidence does this carelessness inspire? At the very least, the members are owed an honest explanation of what happened, why it happened and an apology.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit