Billions of Dollars pumped in overnight? Where is it coming from?

by restrangled 76 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I've seen some shows on finance and the economy in the past few months. Some experts say the only thing that stands between the USA and a depression worse than the Great one is that the stock markets have not crashed and the banks haven't failed en masse.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I think this is just the beginning of pangs of distress. Who said that?

Sylvia

Don't you feel the least bit self centered saying that? What about the rest of the world in a recession in the 90's? What about the poverty that is rampant in third wold countries and has been for decades upon decades? What do you think makes the US so special?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Enough people in the US live like third world citizens. I recall going into houses in field service that were not much better than shanties and the people were so stunned by poverty that they had this sad blank stare in their eyes. What is terribly sad is that most of us don't know how to survive without grocery stores, indoor plumbing, electric lights and stoves and washing machines.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Well, if you believe the New World Order theories, this fall into place as predicted. I had read some months ago now about how the financials would play out - and they have. That's scary. The rest of the story explained all about the corruption at the top and how the US would be called up for payback, if finances weren't repaired and a plan in place by October 1st, that Bush would call an emergency meeting and announce the USA was in a State of Economic Disaster. This would allow him to take over, cancel the election and put a temporary government together and declare martial law. I don't believe it would get that far, but I didn't think any of this would happen so fast and so far either. sammieswife.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Fed is stealing it from every single one of us--and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it. They are not elected. They forced their way into that position, even assassinating presidents for not supporting them--hence, we have that damn income tax rate way up where it is. And now they are going to steal 99.9999% of everything we have by devaluing the dollar.

This is one mess we cannot blame Bush for--the Fed would have him killed instantly if he tried to dismantle them or do anything that would actually stop them from doing that.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I think this is just the beginning of pangs of distress. Who said that?

Sylvia

Don't you feel the least bit self centered saying that? What about the rest of the world in a recession in the 90's? What about the poverty that is rampant in third wold countries and has been for decades upon decades? What do you think makes the US so special?

I was thinking of the entire world, John Doe. If the US financial system crashes, that'll be all she wrote.

I live in an area that has been called Alabama's Third World; we didn't even get electricity or indoor plumbing until 1971; you're preaching to the choir, my brother.

But, a worldwide economic collapse would be a Great Equalizer as well as a Great Tribulation, don't you think?

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I live in an area that has been called Alabama's Third World; we didn't even get electricity or indoor plumbing until 1971; you're preaching to the choir, my brother.

That's not poor. My wife had dirt floors.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Black Families of Alabama's Black Belt

Like this?

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
  • Caedes
    Caedes
    That's not poor. My wife had dirt floors.

Don't tell me, you were so poor all you had to eat were gravel and your dad used to beat you to death every night?!

With such a background it seems strange that you are such a jack-booted reactionary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit