2009 Circuit Assembly Program - Devil's crafty acts in "education"

by truthseeker 52 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

Where is the SOcalif assembly going to be held and WHEN?

Thx.

sKally

• Mary
    Mary
    College promotes sex and drugs? WTF?

I know......pretty stupid eh? While there's no doubt that sex and drugs do go on in colleges and universities, these institutions most certainly do NOT "promote" it-----that's absolutely absurd and the impression is that people are smoking crack and boinking each other in the classrooms.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It
    What is the value of higher education. Could what you want to do be learned at a local vocational school instead.

This is answered easily enough. I didn't go to university. I did take many courses, and hold more industry certifications than everyone else in my IT department combined. Yet I earn the second lowest salary in our department of 6 people. Some earn as much as $35 K more than me. Why? They have degrees. I don't.

W

Hey Finally Free aka "W",

I'll beg to differ from you a little bit here. I have been successful despite not having a degree. I am also in the tech industry. Up until my late 20s I earned very little (especially for the IT industry). I was also primarily focused on JW matters. around my late 20s, I grew a spine and started doing what was best for my immediate family. This included moving away and pretty much fading from JW life.

Not coincidentally (in my opinion) my change in attitude and dedication to work reaped rewards. I got several promotions and doubled my salary in less than five years.

Personally, I do NOT think that a degree is the end-all. However, I am nearly finished my own and I will complete it (some day). I think confidence, determination, skill, acumen, and work experience go a VERY long way.

Everyone's circumstances are different but I have only interviewed for ONE job out of many in my career where they came back and rejected me because I do not have a completed degree. Most tech jobs say BS in IT or related job experience. Certifications tend to be of value for a few years, but diminis as the market is saturated (see: Microsoft, A+, etc...)

Keep the faith, man! shop your skills around. Sometimes you need to leave a bad situation/environment behind and start fresh. Hmmm, was that in reference to religion or business... or both! ;-)

-- Not Schooling It

• sf
    sf

testing

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

wonder what satanic acts are involvd in echnology? nukes? or something like... the internet? XD

• yknot
    yknot

Skally I am emailing around....

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Mary,

Your statement:

The one area where they do have a point is that the atmosphere at universities can and does involve alot of 'fornication', binge drinking, partying and yes, drugs, although I find in my area, the drugs are used far less than booze.

How is this any different from working at a company? Two women approached me while I was in my early twenties, while working at a large tech company. (This was over 30+ years ago!) They wanted sex. One was simply a jerk, the other, a transsexual.

I don’t see any difference in the work place and college. Please let me add, the JW “congregation.” The characterization that it is a “pedophile paradise” is not far from the truth! There is more perverted sex in the JW congregation than on the outside, at most colleges! (I am speaking from a former “elder’s” perspective.) No, their paranoia is simply crazy and the only reason they hammer on higher education is that those that are educated soon leave the organization, because they learn how to reason things out and can easily see how corrupt it is!

Kindly regards,

Cyber,

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok this overstatement of drugs and booze at college is getting old. I went back two years ago to get my license. My wife is enrolled and has yet to see drugs. Get over it. A few people party and that's it

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, Your statement: The one area where they do have a point is that the atmosphere at universities can and does involve alot of 'fornication', binge drinking, partying and yes, drugs, although I find in my area, the drugs are used far less than booze.

How is this any different from working at a company? Two women approached me while I was in my early twenties, while working at a large tech company. (This was over 30+ years ago!) They wanted sex. One was simply a jerk, the other, a transsexual. I don’t see any difference in the work place and college

Actually, you're absolutely right: It is no different than the work place. Holy christ, that'll be the next agenda on the Circus ASSembly:

Symposium

9:30-12:00 noon: Satan's Crafty Acts: How He Tries Seducing You

• in the workforce
    • at the movie theatres
    • at the McDonald's drivethru
  • ID Crisis
    ID Crisis

Oh, dear, here we go again ... I'm so sick of the anti-uni BS. There are entire industries where the drugs, alcohol and/or immorality would be equally or more prevalent. You don't have to go to uni to be exposed. Many people in our cong make their living from 1-2 specific industries which, I believe, would not be immune from such exposures. But somehow uni gets the brunt of the 'satanic' accusations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit