Most JWs Don't Leave The "Truth" Even If They Recognize The Lie

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

DAMN INTERNET!

• truthlover
    truthlover

I guess I am one of those who pick and choose what they want and dont tell anybody..in this case, the truth cannot set you free! mostly because as a JW, our outside friends are non existent, the "friends" are few , especially when there is an illness or need, but yet there are those who will assist in times of trouble and without them, there is no one-- so I am backed in a corner, yet fully have faith in Jehovah and Jesus without the mind bending of the society..

I refer to the Bible as my guide and when a article place the FDS above Jesus in being our mediator, I totally disagree - along with other examples...

This begs the question, how many on this board still have Jehovah as their God, I do see a lot who put Him down and wonder did the society do this or did they always feel that way?

I'm kinda new at this, thanks

• minimus
    minimus

I believe in God----whether I'm right or wrong----who knows?

But I don't necessarily "believe" in anything solidly.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm curious, how long did it take YOU to leave once you recognized it really wasn't "The Truth"??

I knew it wasnt the truth January 1, 1976. It took me 7 more years to figure out that I didnt have to go to meetings.

It wasnt that easy. I knew armegedon not coming or my not being able to recognize it was very disturbing.

Then the Society started saying that I made up the idea that armegedon was going to come in 1975.

I dont think I was making it up. I was trying to get out of high school and figure out what to do with my life. I wasnt crazy about the world ending just as I was getting started.

By 83 I saw enough lies and hypocracy to say that was enough. I told my wife and realatives that I was never going to go to a kingdumb hall again and dont ever talk to me like I am a JW.

Then I found a book 30 years a watchtower slave and from there found a news letter comments from the friends and I found that others saw the same lies and bullshxt that I saw and that I wasnt crazy. Only crazy that I wasted my youth selling magazines. Magazines that were full of lies and bullshxt.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It's about 10 months since I realised it isn't the truth. I'm still in but have recently shared my discoveries with my husband. I keep going because otherwise there would be more pressure on him. I want to allow him room to come to his own conclusions.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I remember 1975 but couldn't really quit I was just a kid. Then there was the "new light" on the generation in the 90's. It still didn't hit me until I read Crisis of Conscience about all the other false prophecy. I was in the truth my whole life and was not aware of any of this or how the GB really works. I still don't know if that would have completely changed my mind. However there was the perfect storm of the above, encouraged lack of education, total lack of genuine love in the congregation and above all else the sex abuse cases. I just couldn't keep selling this to my kids. It helped that my husband saw it this way at the same time. Once it all came together, I could never go to another meeting again. I guess it took about 8 yrs. Slow learner.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

For me there were several instances over the years that raised a question here or there, but nothing I couldn't shove under the rug to still convince myself it was the truth. That is, until I started talking to a brother that had been reading apostate literature. After several discussions, I remember saying to him, "The Watchtower either has 'the truth' and, therefore, is justified, or they are the most presumptuous organization I have ever known. I'm not sure which." It was only when I didn't just assume that the WT was right, but allowed myself to evaluate it with an unbiased mind, that it became obvious to me which of those two possibilities it really was. Once I realized it, I wondered how I ever could have believed that nonsense for so many years. This all occurred in a matter of weeks. That year I didn't celebrate Thanksgiving because I still thought it was wrong, but by the time Christmas came around, I was celebrating. It did help that I lived far away from my Witness family at the time, so I was more free to be myself. Also, being around several other JW's who were realizing the same thing helped.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I absolutely knew in my heart that this was not "the truth" one day in 1990 and still didn't leave until 2003. They get such a hold on you, in part because they hold your family hostage.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think the catch all of Jehovah fixing things in due time is what keeps most in.

I started to see things for what they really were some time ago, but I was distracted by a divorce

• Satanus
    Satanus

It took me a few days to read coc. While reading it, i could see that god wasn't directing the org, and from that point, i was on my way out. I knew that i was going to be dffed, cuz i was going to try to wake up my friends and family. I failed in that, and it took them about a yr to turf me. Don't know why it took them so long. Maybe, they couldn't believe how a 'whole hearted', 'sincere', knowledgable type pub that i was could go apostate. Oh well.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit