Former J.W. Now atheist?

by Aculama 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aculama
    Aculama

Just curious.... Did the disallusionment of J.W. experience make you hate God or disbelieve everything about God? Could it be God's grace that kept you from or freed you from their hold on you?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I personally kept a belief in a higher being when I started to leave the JWS , actually did some investigating of other faiths but eventually came to the conclusion they

were all a farce / scam . So now for the past 30 years I've been a happy atheist/humanist trying to help other people get out of socially damaging and corrupt religions.

• Dagney
    Dagney

No. The proof there is a god or not has nothing to do with the WBTS.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ditto what the previous two posters said. I went through stages -- investigated other religions, and decided I couldn't swallow them, and moved toward agnosticism based on several serious questions I have about what kind of God would create a world where so much hurt could come to so many innocent people, and yet people who claim to represent him often get great wealth at others' expense.

Atheism simply means one personally doesn't believe there's enough evidence for a deity such as has been described or invented by mankind. It doesn't have to be dogmatic or say that there can be no god, but atheism just states that on balance there isn't enough convincing evidence for such a being.

The JW's turned me off to religion. Investigation and contemplation made me agnostic and then atheist.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip
    Just curious.... Did the disallusionment of J.W. experience make you hate God or disbelieve everything about God? Could it be God's grace that kept you from or freed you from their hold on you?

Leaving the JWs did help in my awakening. It helped me question religion, the Bible, "spirituality", etc. I now consider myself agnostic. If there is one (and that is a HUGE IF ), I am certain the one in the Bible is not accurate.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I think the majority of posters here (myself included) are atheistic.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I don't think that the majority here are atheist, but we are well-represented here. There is a cross-section of believers of many stripes here, atheists, and those who really don't care to discuss beliefs at all.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Do you provide sacramental Duff Beer at Homerology services?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I'm an atheist, but not because of a "bad experience" I had with God in the JW religion. It's more because I learned how to think critically. This enabled me to break free from the JW mind control and eventually led me to atheism. There are no sacred cows; everything should be examined critically. I only believe things that have sufficient evidence.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes Gopher, services will be held at Moe's Tavern where we will partake of the sacrimental beer

My first Key Note Address will be on how to drink sucesfully at work and not get caught.

And bring lots of cash God makes and needs a lot of money being God, ....I think its the best part

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit