My Friend

by mrsjones5 15 Replies latest social family

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wrote about an old friend in this topic: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/18/155574/1.ashx . Well 3 months after I wrote that my friend got married and decided that it wasn't such a good thing to talk to me. He married a lady after knowing her less than 5 months. She's a jw and they now have a long distance marriage cuz they live 3 or 4 hours away from each other and my friend can't leave his job right now - his prospects of finding another job as good as the one he has now aren't so great. So when he told me that he got married and didn't think it was such a good idea to chat anymore I was fine with it. I told him that I would respect his wishes and I have. I have kept my word. No contact. Nada. So imagine my surprise when my friend text messages me at 4 in the morning on Saturday and carries on a conversation like what was said before didn't happen. Amazing. I don't know if his marriage is working out but I want to find out. I'm just gonna take it slow and easy.

Oh, he texted me again this morning and said "Hi". I missed speaking to him. No doubt he will text again.

Josie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

P.S. I did ask him if he was OK and he said everything was good....I have my doubts

• carla
    carla

A text at 4am?! I would suggest that all is not well in paradise. Though he could say marriage is great, they never actually have to have a relationship.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah, the times are off. His first text was at 4 am my time, 1 am his, Saturday morning. The second one was at 8 am my time, 5 am his, on a Sunday morning . Something is going on.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

OK, got another text this morning at 4 am (yeah I was up making my bed ). He's on vacation in San Diego. I wonder if his wife is with him? I didn't get a chance to ask cuz I fell asleep.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Not that anyone apparently cares other than me but I just sent my friend an email asking what the hell is going on...well I didn't use the word hell but I came close

• carla
    carla

I find the whole thing just strange. Married but living in different cities?! texting a woman in a different state at all hours? let us know how the soap opera continues. Is he one of those people that take about 3 hours to finally tell you what is wrong and then it is some major life situation? They hem & haw, beat around the bush, discuss everything in the world but what the problem really is and after you have spent all this time it then takes another 3-4 hours to sort through some catastrophe!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Carla, I think you've hit it on the nose

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your friend dumps you..Then he`s your friend again,at all hours of the day.....Somebody screwed their life up..And..Wants to share their misery with you..Sounds like more trouble than it`s worth............................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hi Mrs. Jones,

I hope things are ok for your friend. If he is up at all hours like that, he could be in a serious depression, seriously reaching out-vacation be darned! Take care!

Shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit