What If: The UN actually DOES "turn on" and destroy religion?

by inkling 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gregor
    Gregor

From everything I know about the UN, I'm sure the worlds religions could come up with enough bribe money out of petty cash to buy them off.

• Robdar
    Robdar

And what if your bobe had beytsim? She would be your zeyde.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Just for those who think you are either drunk or making it up....

And what if your bobe had beytsim? She would be your zeyde.

Beytsim: (bates-seem) testicles. When someone gets too wistful, sentimental and/or regretful imaging how things could be/have been "if only...", a frustrated listener might interject a dose of reality with: "As di bubbe volt gehat beytsim volt zi gevain mayn zaidah." (i.e. "If my grandmother had balls, she'd be my grandfather.") It's the more sarcastic equivalent of the English expression "...and if I had wings, I would fly." (A less "blue" version is "If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a trolley car.")

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There`s a better chance McDonalds will destroy Religion,with a Double Quarter Pounder& Cheese!..HamburgerHamburgerHamburger......And..Ronald McDonald will take over the World!..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• inkling
    inkling
    Already the jws are participating in "interfaith" programs.

Huh? How exacty are they doing that?

It won't be a big bang. It is tiptoeing in already.

Ahhh, you mean sorta like how the end of the world tiptoed in around 1914. Gotcha.

[inkling]

• mustang
    mustang

Their chances go up if they don't use those #$%&*@ dates!!!!

Mustang

• inkling
    inkling
    When someone gets too wistful, sentimental and/or regretful imaging how things could be/have been "if only...",

Ok, but to be clear i'm not being wistful here. This is just an attempt to explore irrationality of the WT teaching, thats all.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

The following information may shed light on the likelihood of the United Nations destroying religion: In 1948 The United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights which says in Article 18, "Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance." And Article 20 further states that, "Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association." Additionally, the UN created the International Covenant of Civil and Political Rights in 1966 which also guarantees freedom of religion. While a few individual countries don't honor these, the UN as an organization believes and promotes it. Ironically some Jehovah's Witnesses have appealed to the UN through it's High Commissioner for Human Rights when they were being persecuted by their home countries. A recent example is from South Korea where JW's were being arrested and sentenced to prison for refusing to submit to a military draft. The UN sided with the JW's. You can find related info about this on the UN's website, the website of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, or by Googling Jehovah's Witnesses UNHCHR. You can see copies of the two treaties mentioned above by Googling Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and International Covenant of Civil and Political Rights.

• yknot
    yknot
    Huh? How exacty are they doing that?

Well the JWs have participated in several UN functions that include other religions. The most recent was in June.

The JW participate in OSCE along side other faiths

The JWs have formed or supported other faiths in legal issues.

Grant you it is not dancing around banging a tambourine and holding hands in prayer, but it is still working with other beliefs toward a common agenda or goal.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

ASILENTONE, I MEANT GET RID OF RELIGION NOT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE TAKEN IN WITH THEIR LIES.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit