What If: The UN actually DOES "turn on" and destroy religion?

by inkling 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inkling
    inkling

So it stuck me the other day that modern JW prophecy is not nearly as bizarrely cocky as such past gems like the "house of princes" (1925?) or even the 1975 fiasco. I would seem that they have learned the value of the vague. However, I can think of at least one REALLY specific prophecy that still stands, and is still strongly promoted: The fall of "false religion" by the hand of the UN. This now of course strikes me as absurdly implausible, and will get increasingly more embarrassing as time goes on and nothing happens, or worse, the UN dissolves or becomes even more toothless that it is right now. But what if, on some off chance, it DID happen? This would be an excellent (and perhaps the very first) prophetic success of the WT. It would strongly help their case for being the one true religion, and could earn many converts. But, would those that converted AFTER the fact count? Is it "too late" for them? And if it DOES count, why shouldn't people just hold off and wait for it to happen, thus being presented with reasonable evidence that it is "The Truth" What are the chances of this happening, and what would you do? [ink]

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It hasn't worked in countries who do ban religion. The bans just drive religion underground. Religion will cease to exist when people cease to exist or when God stops it.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

IT WOULD BE NICE IF THEY DID.

• yknot
    yknot

Then be sure to buy stock in Haliburton!

KBR already has a contract for 'refugee camps' here in the US. Bound to herd up them believers first similar to the wrongfully retained Japanese Americans back during the War... before giving them Kool-aid.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Dumb speculative dreaming

Point to remember the UN is situated in the US ( a very strong religious country ), is it realistic to think the UN would start to ban and tear down religion, I don't

think so.

To even suggest that the UN is an anti religious organization that may actually go after the JWS in a attempt to destroy the JWS is futility stupid, this

very much speaks for the intellect and sincerity of the men who run the WTS.

The fear mongering assholes in Brooklyn are very zealous in their propaganda, but isn't that the way the got the power in the first place

• asilentone
    asilentone

Alwayshere, if UN turn on and destroy false religion, it would not be a very pleasant event, alot of people would be dead. I would not call it that would be nice.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

What do you call a True Religion at the bottom of the sea ?

A good start !

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

It creeps in slowly.

It starts to become a generic sort of religion. Already the jws are participating in "interfaith" programs.

The new religion will be like a non-religion. I think it will lean more toward eastern philosophical stuff. And yeah, the UN will help bring that about.

Who can make war with the beast? Nobody. Because the beast will have some good ideas, like disbanding all these religious differences for the sake of "peace". It won't be a big bang. It is tiptoeing in already.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Revelations 20:4 ".....And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God....."

Those that said "I hope so" & "It would be nice." you may get your wish.....

Yiz

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Countries that ban religion just replace it with worship of leaders, governments, etc. North Korea is a good example of what happens when religion is banned. Kim Jong Il had become the god of North Koreans and they had better not forget it. (Shhhhh, people still worship secretly as they do in China)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit