Dinosaurs

by billie jean 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Huh? There is reason to think there has been any great extinction in over 65 million years. What exactly is your "good chance" based on?

I dont get your grammer or know where you are coming from.

But recorded history began in Sumeria 10,000 years ago.

Yet a lot of people insist the world and life and man are millions of years old.

So the chance is that life was wiped out 10,000 years ago.

That is the story of the bible and people who dont believe the bible say that is the story of Hammurabi.

That goes back to the babylonians.

And many if not most ancient people have a history of a worldwide flood, which would be considered a cataclysm

I cant answer any better because I dont understand your english.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I was told that there is no proof of dinosaurs ever existing...and that the bones were places there by Satan to deceive and make us question Jehovah.

Then I asked why there was a picture of a dinosaur in the back of my green bible. I was told I ask to many questions.

lisa

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I cant't get over how stuff keeps coming up that I totally forgot about. Well, I didn't even get those cute answers like they were for fertilizer and for the angels to play with, that would have shut me up at least until I was about ten. I got the Lisavegas420 answer "they were from the DEVIL, let's not even talk about it" Imagine how scared I was sitting in third grade science class talking about those devils the entire year.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I was watching a "mythbuster" show on the hystory or discovery channel.

the episode was trying to get to the bottom of the dragon tales, and the cyclops tales from mythology.

and after careful examination came to the conclusion that those people who wrote them came in contact with dinosaur bones.

they carefully showed that in a certain island of greece, there were tons of remains, the most notable of which was a mastodon's in which the area where the trunk would be...... the skeleton had an impression which would make it seem like a "eye" would be on center. the lateral eyes would be discounted by men thousands of years ago and the mere size of the cervical cavity would support a giant cyclops.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Dinosaurs are still in charge at Bethel:

alt

• middleman
    middleman

You have dinosaurs in your gas tank!

Varoooooooom.........

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

It's amazing that complete ignorance doesn't stop some people from spouting off. Dinosaurs died out about 65 million years ago. There was an ICE AGE that ended about 10 thousand years ago. Dinosaurs were gone LONG before then. Look it up. These are FACTS not hypotheses. Come on people!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Those ignorant primitive men who wrote the words in the bible didn't know a dam thing about dinosaurs or of any of earth's geological history

neither do those ignorant SODS in Brooklyn, but we know better now don't we !

They intensionally perpetrate ignorance by bemoaning higher education, must keep the flock ignorant or they will stray and they will lose $ and power

• inkling
    inkling
    I dont get your grammer or know where you are coming from.

Sorry for the typo. I meant to say there is NO reason to think that life was nearly wiped out 10,000 years ago.
    The last major extinction was 65 million years ago.

But recorded history began in Sumeria 10,000 years ago.
    Yet a lot of people insist the world and life and man are millions of years old.
    So the chance is that life was wiped out 10,000 years ago.

No. This is wrong on several levels. What this means is the a coherent surviving written history can only be
    found back 4000 years. Right around the time humans, you know, invented writing.

Primitive writing-like marking goes back 50,000 years, and evidence of prehistoric (before history...get it?) human life goes back over 200,000 years.

I am far from being any sort of expert on this subject, but it seems you are vastly misinformed.

I'm not sure there is any productive direction for this conversation to go.

[inkling]

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave
    The dinosaurs lived proximately 200 million years ago; they ruled the earth for 160 million years. And disappeared 65 million years ago (K–T extinction event, aka: the big rock).
    Modern humans “prototypes” appears 4 million years ago, with means that the earth was almost empty for about 60 million years.

MadGiant, what are your sources for the statement that the Earth was "almost empty" for 60 million years? In my perusal of scientific literature, I have never come across any such statement.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit