Dinosaurs

by billie jean 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• billie jean
    billie jean

Being brought up a J.W no one ever gave an accurate description of why the dinosaurs where actually put on the earth by Jehovah. if i ask this question to my parents now they still dont have an answer that makes any sense. so far ive had

"we dont know that yet as jehovah hasnt let us know but there must have been some reason" and

"to prepare the earth"

But surely if Jehovah can make man and the earth etc how come he couldnt prepare it first ?

• RAF
    RAF

Who is Jehovah (or what is Jehovah) ? Sorry I'm almost on kidding mode ...

• yknot
    yknot

g902/8 p.11 What Happened to the Dinosaurs?***

the Bible account in the first chapter of Genesis simply states the general order of creation. It allows for possibly thousands of millions of years for the formation of the earth and many millenniums in six creative eras, or "days," to prepare the earth for human habitation.

Some dinosaurs (and pterosaurs) may indeed have been created in the fifth era listed in Genesis, when the Bible says that God made "flying creatures" and "great sea monsters." Perhaps other types of dinosaurs were created in the sixth epoch. The vast array of dinosaurs with their huge appetites would have been appropriate considering the abundant vegetation that evidently existed in their time.—Genesis 1:20-24.

When the dinosaurs had fulfilled their purpose, God ended their life. But the Bible is silent on how he did that or when. We can be sure that dinosaurs were created by Jehovah for a purpose, even if we do not fully understand that purpose at this time. They were no mistake, no product of evolution. That they suddenly appear in the fossil record unconnected to any fossil ancestors, and also disappear without leaving connecting fossil links, is evidence against the view that such animals gradually evolved over millions of years of time. Thus, the fossil record does not support the evolution theory. Instead, it harmonizes with the Bible’s view of creative acts of God.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other things I heard growing up:

1. Fertilizer!

2. Creation is fun!.... why not experiment some!...... Bigger is not always better in the end!

3. Because the angels needs something to play with during the early creative days.....(picture on of the 'sons of God' riding an apatosaurus)

4. Well does a parent proudly display their child's 'creations' on the refrigerator door or hanging display boxes? So did Jehovah at Jesus early creation attempts.........

• inkling
    inkling
    they suddenly appear in the fossil record unconnected to any fossil ancestors, and also disappear without leaving connecting fossil links

------------

alt

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

“But surely if Jehovah can make man and the earth etc how come he couldn’t prepare it first?”

That is a very good question. Hi billie jean, hope all is well.

The dinosaurs lived proximately 200 million years ago; they ruled the earth for 160 million years. And disappeared 65 million years ago (K–T extinction event, aka: the big rock).
    Modern humans “prototypes” appears 4 million years ago, with means that the earth was almost empty for about 60 million years. The modern man emerges about 200,000 years ago.

The earth is about 4.5 billion years old, during that period, the planet have been “preparing for us” (not in the order that they occurred, you can do your own research and let me know how far off I am):

1. Bombarded by meteors
    2. Created the moon.
    3. Ice age.
    4. Mini ice age.
    5. Global flooding.
    6. Global fires.
    7. Rodinia supercontinent.
    8. Pangaea supercontinent.
    9. 5 mass extinctions.
    10. Change magnetic field a couple of times.

To conclude, I don’t know the answer for your question, but the truth is that he took a lot of time to put this thing together.

Take care,

Ismael

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I think God destroyed the Dinosaurs because they wouldn't bow down to him

he then created man and that venture screwed up also

he destroyed most of the animals and man completely at the flood

and he will destroy the majority of mankind again apparently according to the JWS

very soon

You can only find out what God will do next by reading the Watchtower magazine

so quickly run down to a Kingdom hall and sign up for a subscription

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

homero.... you are really funny!

He's going to create stupid man next. he will bow down!

• Quandry
    Quandry

One time, at a home of an elder, I made mention of the big teeth of a T-Rex to the young friend of my daughter. Her mother, the wife of the elder, jumped in quickly and said, "But of course the dinosaurs did not eat meat." (Lived before the flood)

I was incredulous. Those six-inch sharp teeth were for chewing leaves?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Some people say the dinosaurs were killed by the flood.

And if there was no flood there is a good chance that the earth had some kind of cataclysm that destroyed most of life on earth in the past 10,000 years.

Because history, recorded history, man writing and creating the wheel and leaving a record started within the last 10,000 years in Sumeria. There is no recorded history before that everything else is congecture.

The world Almanac of 1988 a non religious book stated on the first page that history began in Sumeria about 8,000 bce. That is when civilization began and man began writing and recording.

150 years ago man did not even know about Sumeria.

Some people say the earth is millions of years old and the dinosaurs died in a cataclysm as the ice age caused maybe several different ways.

I dont know, the earth could be that old. But I have read a lot about dinosuars being alive even today, and flying bird dinosaurs have been observed. And there are many storys in Europe about dragons being slain in midevil times.

I suspect if there were dinosuars alive in the dark ages, man would have killed them off. They would have killed a big dinosaur that would either eat men or provide food for men. They would kill them to extinction just as they have so many species today. Like the american bufalo.

I am not saying man killed all of the dinosaurs off, the cataclysm that inspired the flood story killed the greater number of them off.

Those who survived found an earth less hospitable to them and had to deal with men killing them off.

If you want to see some dinosuars that have survived come to Florida, We have aligators all over the place. They are dinosuars if you want to believe in evolution and an old earth they evolved from the triassic period 245 million years ago. Also we have little dinosaurs lizzards all over down here.

The best I can tell you there was a disaster that inspired the flood story about 8000 years ago. And some things survived and some didnt and they were killing dragons in Europe during the dark ages and we got dinosuars in florida today.

We have Sharks down here also, they are dinosaurs.

http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/bible/dino.html

Thats my take on it.

• inkling
    inkling
    there is a good chance that the earth had some kind of cataclysm that destroyed most of life on earth in the past 10,000 years.

Huh? There is reason to think there has been any great extinction in over 65 million years. What exactly is your "good chance" based on?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit