Dinosaurs

by billie jean 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

One time, at a home of an elder, I made mention of the big teeth of a T-Rex to the young friend of my daughter. Her mother, the wife of the elder, jumped in quickly and said, "But of course the dinosaurs did not eat meat." (Lived before the flood)

• inkling
    inkling
    One time, at a home of an elder, I made mention of the big teeth of a T-Rex to the young friend of my daughter. Her mother, the wife of the elder, jumped in quickly and said, "But of course the dinosaurs did not eat meat." (Lived before the flood)Holy poop, that one never even occurred to me. I'm going to have to bring it up to an elder some time and see what he comes up with.

I'm guessing.... this:

Would it be wise to reject what the Bible says just because some scientists think the facts to be otherwise? The above quotations show that the answer is, No. Similarly, that certain current evidence does not seem to support what the Bible says about animal life in the past should not cause one to reject God’s inspired Word. Another thing, is one justified in concluding that the way an animal uses its body today is the only possible way? As an example, a tiger uses its fangs and claws to catch, kill and tear apart other animals. Yet, could not these same fangs and claws be used in tearing apart heavy vegetation and ripping off husks and shells?
  • free2beme
    free2beme

For the most part, Dinosaurs time on this planet was far larger then the time of humans. I think that God gave them the planet first and we were the virus that came later. I mean think about this, if the world exploded and someone downloaded the history of life on this planet and who occupied it. They would conclude, a reptilian planet, with a small history of mammal control that lead to it's downfall in the end.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Inkling: but I have a certain elder in mind, who is of an unsually (for an elder) scientific mindset. I doubt he'd ever be able to spout bullshit like that and keep a straight face.

• inkling
    inkling
    who is of an unsually (for an elder) scientific mindset.

Ah, well in that case ask away, and be sure to tell us about it

ink]

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    You have dinosaurs in your gas tank!

It's amazing how many people actually believe that...

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

indeed...

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Well, I don't know about you folks, but I have dinosaurs in my gas tank. Velociraptors, to be precise. Fortunately, they poop gasoline. I just have to throw some ground beef in every once in a while.

• inkling
    inkling
    You have dinosaurs in your gas tank!

It's amazing how many people actually believe that...

So you are saying you don't think a planet full of recently meteored decomposing dinosaurs had anything to do with forming the biomass needed to make underground oil fields? Where DID the oil come from then? [inkling]

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    Where DID the oil come from then?

We've all been taught that petroleum is a 'fossil fuel'. That many years ago the remains of forests and of animals such as the dinosaurs were covered over and as time passed they were converted to petroleum. This makes petroleum a very finite resource. The currently popular 'peak oil' theory says that petroleum stocks are running out and that civilization as we know it will soon crumble. In contrast, the abiotic theory says that petroleum originates from deep within the hot inner part of the earth, seeping out to the surface, and that there is no connection between petroleum and biological matter. This is quite a controversial topic. Most 'oil people' say it is NOT true. Or that it is possible but not enough petroleum is produced abiotically to be economically significant.But can oil people be trusted? Some feel that companies like Chevron are just using the excuse of diminishing supplies to raise the price and to maximise profits. One fact in support of this new theory is that Russia, whose oil fields were petering out some years ago, has suddenly become a major oil producer and is now the largest exporter, exporting even more than Saudi Arabia and this could be due to their secret deep drilling techniques that tap into abiotic oil sources. 
    Read more here:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg00121.html
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/crispin/crispin11.html
    http://www.gasresources.net/Introduction.htm
    BA- Cheers 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit