Where did it all go wrong?

by THE GLADIATOR 31 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

RAF

I meant : they have messed up so much with the teaching (changes - and nonsense - false prophetie) that they can't really stand on all their bugs

You said the same thing but more concisely.

Good to see you are still around.

Votre Anglais est bien meilleur que mon français

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Good thread Gladiator , a little true light never hurt anyone and can help in so many ways

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Thanks Homerovah the Almighty.

Despite all appearances to the contrary I do have a heart.

OK! It is made of steel but I realize that many JW members are feeling let down and disappointed due to the failure of the promise that a new world would come during the last century. They are bruised and, in some cases, angry.

Thousands have left, some after a lifetime of dedicated service. After a lifetime of faithfully doing as the Watchtower society has instructed, JWs have been badly let down. The millions living that will never die are, dare I say it, dead as dodos.

It is essential to respect and sympathise with the situation that Jehovah's Witnesses have found themselves in. We were the luck ones who escaped. Now that Hillary_step has left the building I feel free to hug any ex-Witness who needs comfort. Go on then I'll hug you even if you still attend those shortened meetings and read those picture books you call spiritual food.

The empathetic gladiator

• Quandry
    Quandry

swap conkers.

They will do this at the KHall? What is it?

• gymbob
    gymbob

It's very difficult to be in a, "end of time religion", when there is no end of time. Gymbob

p.s. What's the swap conkers thing??

• Gopher
    Gopher

Bonkers Conkers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conkers

Conkers is a game traditionally played by children in Britain, Ireland and some former British colonies using the nuts of horse-chestnut trees – the name conker is also applied to the nut and to the tree itself. The game is played by two players, each with a conker threaded onto a piece of string: they take turns to strike each other's conker until one breaks.

alt

• LisaAnn
    LisaAnn

Sheep do so have tails!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It all went wrong in 1976.

And then the internet told everyone about it and all their other lies and shananigans.

Whats going on with the formatting today?

• potleg
    potleg

The Pie in the sky turned out to be miles too high...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The WTBTS doesn't want to admit they are wrong all at once. What could they say to those who've lost family members to the blood issue? So they do it very gradually, hoping the rank and file will not get suspicious.

They don't want to admit their meeting schedule, study burden, field service burden and convention burden has ruined health, physical and mental. They don't want to admit to their flock that JW's have died needlessly. They don't want to admit that they've broken up marriages and ruined childhood, careers, retirement and finances for millions of individuals, couples and families.

They imagine lawsuits and rioting villagers with pitchforks, torches and nooses (shotguns?), outside their Bethel headquarters.

Well hey, it's possible ain't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit