Do you keep your Yellow Pages phone books? Or pitch them when they arrive?

by AlmostAtheist 26 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Thanks to all for your replies!

Dave

• wobble
    wobble

Here in the U.K we only get one bok a year,bloody huge thing , so you have to throw away the old one,or treat it as a roundabout. the online thingy called Yell.co.uk or similar is so user UNFRIENDLY,and not inclusive of all entries,that it's quicker and more comprehensive to use the old book.

Hey maybe I'll start a decent site that works and make my fortune.(Simon please remove this post before some money grabbing b'stard nicks my idea!)

Love

woble

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

My grandfather always tells me they used to use old Sears Catalogs as toilet paper.

Why not the Yellow Pages ???

Find a company or person you don't like, pull out the page, and let them have it !!!!

Rub a Dub

• M.J.
    M.J.

Rub a dub,

I heard on the History Channel that the Sears Catalog was actually the origin of toilet paper (a pretty recent innovation).

I'm sure the fact that the pages weren't glossy in the old days helped.

• AnneB
    AnneB

It's good to keep two thick phone books on hand. They're just the right height to use as a booster seat for a toddler.

When there are no phone books on hand I have to use the Aid to Bible Understanding or Volumes 1 and 2 of Insight On The Scriptures.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Dave, Just popping in to say hello!

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

When I get the yellow pages I always read it from cover to cover. Just like the Wachtower and awake mags.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

They go right into the recycle bin. I use the internet for all my searches.

ESTEE

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

That's kind of personal isn't it?

• Galileo
    Galileo
    Hey maybe I'll start a decent site that works and make my fortune.

Larry Page and Sergey Brin beat you to it. It's called Google.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit