Do you keep your Yellow Pages phone books? Or pitch them when they arrive?

by AlmostAtheist 26 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I just got a fresh supply of Yellow Pages books. Three huge volumes in a plastic bag. It's my 3rd shipment this year, from various suppliers, I assume. Like the others, these are now in the trash.

I don't want them. I just use the web. I've asked a few people I know and they don't use them either. So I'm just curious...

Do you use the Yellow Pages books? Do you keep them when they are delivered to you?

Dave

• Dagney
    Dagney

I pitch them when I find 3 or 4 tossed in the back of a closet. Yep, unused.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Hi ...
    Since I'm from a smaller community our white and yellow pages are in the

same book, so yes I keep it...I use it lots....

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I don't' have a home phone number so I don't automatically get a yellow page book.

However, the building received a large supply and are available if I want. I don't want any phone books and have eliminated even the old ones from home.

• Gregor
    Gregor

They are starting to stack up. I barely get halfway through reading one when the new one arrives.

• M.J.
    M.J.

They just sit in the closet. I never use them. I just punch the business name, city, state in a google search and there it is.

Same with the newspaper. I refuse all the sales pitches for the local paper I get over the phone. I get my news off the web.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They are starting to stack up. I barely get halfway through reading one when the new one arrives.
    Are you sure you are not talking about your wt & awake subscription?

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Straight in the re-cycling. Who needs these when you can find everything faster on the internet?

• Gregor
    Gregor

LOL, Good one. Even when I was an elder I seldom read all each issue.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I get two or three every year.

I keep just one - the larger one that is from my own phone provider. Toss the others.

Historically, I end up using it two or three times during the year. My internet connection is not always too reliable.

My home phone - only use it for information! and it's available incase of power outage.

Otherwise, I rely on my cell phone and websearches.

-Aude.

(Phone Books: HUGE waste of paper.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit