COMMENTS YOU WILL NOT HEAR AT THE WT STUDY 09-07-08 (HOUSE TO HOUSE MINISTR

by Mary 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well done Mary... A lot more than I could have done with it..

This is an insight to dub thinking. The blurb at the front of the mag says that the article "shows why we make such extensive use of this form of evangelizing and how we meet the challenges of preaching from door to door"....Hmmm. When we were going from Not Home to Not Home , we used to say that it was clear that the sole purpose was to keep us busy and together - it was achieving little as far as meeting people went. We used to say "The angels can see us doing it" or "Satan knows we are doing it despite him !" but that was all bull.

10. The importance of the house-to-house ministry can be seen from a vision given to the prophet Ezekiel. In that vision,....... Following that marking work, the six men with the slaughtering weapons are commanded to execute all those who do not have the mark.-Read Ezekiel 9: 1-

11.............. What is the mark? It is the evidence, as if displayed on their uncovered foreheads, that such sheep are dedicated, baptized disciples of Jesus Christ and that they have put on the Christlike new personality. (Eph. 4:20-24) These sheeplike ones become one flock with anointed Christians and assist them in their vital work of marking still others.-Rev. 22:17.

Yet another statement of belief, that if you are not a baptized active J W ..You will be slaughtered - our world locks up people who preach that adherents of another religion ought to be killed....

12 "apostle Paul wrote that the Lord Jesus, accompanied by "his powerful angels," will bring "vengeance upon those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus." (2 Thess. 1:7, 8) Notice that people will be judged on the basis of their response to the good news."

Is that what paul meant? that salvation would be possible only through the WTS? I do not think so..

15. What developments are yet in store for the preaching work? The siege of Jericho, recorded in the book of Joshua, provides an illustration.Does it? I see nothing in the O T or the N T that links the fall of Jericho to the preaching of Christ's kingdom. Oh! I see they only say that " It is possible that there will be a similar expansion of our preaching activity."

Well, anything is possible..

This kind of article used to motivate and enthuse the newer and younger ones. Will it do so today???

• Mary
    Mary
    I predict that over half in attendance will have forgotten the subject of this lessen by the second verse of the closing song. I predict that no more than the usual will show up for the meetings for field service after this lesson despite this "motivation" by the FDS.

That's my take too. While the average Dub will be tricked into believing that the first century Christians actually went banging on doors, I don't think articles like this are going to move many to go "do more". People are stressed and busy enough in life without giving up their meager belongings just to go knock on the doors of their neighbours for the zillionth time talking about whatever 'present truth' is in vogue at the present time. The Slobbering Body members know this, but they won't accept it.

I can't help but wonder if our "celebrated WT scholar" is going to rear his stupid head on here and try and tell me how 'wrong' I was in my initial post and try and twist everything we've said. He's done it a thousand times before so I'd be shocked if he didn't do it again. Ah well, maybe he honor us with his invisible presence once he gets home from the Craptower study.

Another point I didn't mention in my initial post is that whenever you bring up the inconsistencies in many of the WTS's teachings, you will inevitably hear "We are the only religion that is doing the preaching work that Jesus fortold" or something like that. The idea is that the preaching work started in the first century CE and then more or less lapsed until the days of Charles Russell. This link gives you an idea of how utterly off the wall this comment is, as it outlines Christian missionaries over the last 2,000 years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Christian_missions

• V
    V

Mary! Great comments throughout.

I think the WTS knows how hollow their sales meetings are. That is why they program JWs to mark anyone who exposes the effectiveness of door-to-door work..."That's an apostate!!"

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Mary!

I liked and identified with your opening comments on how people could tell how their grandparents and great grandparents could remember dubbies telling them the End was coming, 70, 80 or even 90 years ago. The WT trademark has been exposed as lies.

My children told me about their friends at school who knew who my childrens' grandparents are. My mum is a fantatical JW preacher I'm ashamed to say. But my children told me how their friends had been warned by their own parents and grand parents , all in our same town, to stay away from my mother and father and described them as 'crazy Jehovah Witness people'. or 'those religion fanatics' etc, you get the kind of descriptions of my parents and probably other dubbies that people have.

The thing with my mum, is she is a very intolerant and vicious, condemnatory 'preacher' or 'spreader of lies' as I prefer to know her.

She, with no sense of political correctness, tolerance or humility goes around preaching condemnation of all religions and how she has not been arrested in the politically correct UK so far, I have NO idea!! She's bloody embarrassing!! She denies 1975, and 'by the end of the century' lies of the WT, even when showed from old literature.

One day, I may be reporting how I had to bail her out of the local police station for her preaching of religious intolerance! Oh the shame!!! Oh the 'persecution!!'

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thebigdebate:

[...] I want to go to meeting tomorrow. [...] I just want to give a few of these answers.

The only problem is that I have a beard now (because I have not been to a meeting in about 1 year) and they cant call on me because of my beard.

I honestly dreamed this last night. In my dream I realized the WT conductor wouldn't call on me because of my beard. No matter - he never called on me anyway!

Thanks,

CoCo

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Great job Mary!

We know the preaching work is just to get your field service hours in,pass some tracts,books,and magazines,and show the elders and WTS that you are still loyal to the organization.

The house-to-house ministry was started just to sell books for the Book Publishing and Real Estate Corporation. The WTS know that they have a free workforce and wide distribution channels from all of its members. Collect monies from the members first,let them pay for gas and you can see why they push the house-to-house ministry.

• sf
    sf

I just read this and I told my wife that I want to go to meeting tomorrow. She asked me if I am nuts, I said no. I just want to give a few of these answers.

Oh how I've been waiting for someone, any one of you whom have been on this forum for years, gaining facts, and still "in"... going to meetings and field misery, to do just THAT.

Give the answers that you will NOT hear at a meeting. A truthful answer.

Oh how sweet the day will be.

Any one of you got the 'stones'?

sKally

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

A Modern-Day Locust Army

Q 5. How is the preaching work depicted in the prophecy of Joel?

5. The witnessing done in the last century was but a foretaste of a greater work to be done in our day. The prophet Joel likened the preaching activity of anointed Christians to a devastating plague of insects, including locusts. (Joel 1:4) Advancing like an army, the locusts surmount obstacles, enter into houses, and devour everything in their path. (Read Joel 2:2, 7-9.) What a vivid portrayal of the perseverance and thoroughness of God's people in carrying out the witnessing work in modern times! Foremost among the methods used by anointed Christians and their "other sheep" companions in fulfilling this prophetic picture is the house-to-house ministry. (John 10:16) How did we, Jehovah's Witnesses, come to adopt that apostolic method of preaching?

One can unequivocally destroy the JW interpretation of Joel with one scripture, Joel 2:25, which says, "And I will make compensation to you for the years that the locust, the creeping, unwinged locust, and the cockroach and the caterpillar have eaten, my great military force that I have sent among you."

According to this scripture, Jehovah himself is going to make COMPENSATION to those people who were harmed by the locust (annointed/preaching). So, is Jehovah going to undo the preaching work and make compensation to Christendom for JWs stinging preaching work?

• Mary
    Mary
    Justita Themis said: One can unequivocally destroy the JW interpretation of Joel with one scripture, Joel 2:25, which says, "And I will make compensation to you for the years that the locust, the creeping, unwinged locust, and the cockroach and the caterpillar have eaten, my great military force that I have sent among you."

According to this scripture, Jehovah himself is going to make COMPENSATION to those people who were harmed by the locust (annointed/preaching). So, is Jehovah going to undo the preaching work and make compensation to Christendom for JWs stinging preaching work?

Now, now Justita. This "compensation" is apparently talking about the um....the uh chance for Christendom to repent and in an anti-typical manner, Jehovah will allow this to happen but at the same time, He will "harden their hearts" just like He did to Pharoah and so.....um.....where the hell was I going with this?? Never mind---just obey us or DIE!!

Actually, this is a very good point and it makes you wonder how a Dub would answer it. Not only that, but are they saying that the "creeping unwinged locust, the cockroach and the caterpillar are all picturing Witlesses today as well??

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Terrible study. Thanks for the expose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit