GRACE!!!!!!!!!! Resurection of the dead

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Resurection of the dead

A surety.

Sylvia

• gumby
    gumby

I'm still reading and disecting stuff....unlike the rest of you apostate bastards who believe evrything you read. I already found about 2 or 3 things she coulda added. If I wasn't gonna lay down for a nap, I'd tell ya what they are. Maybe in a couple of hours I'll come back and grace you all with my intelect

*struts off with dinger half out*

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Mary:

Can you imagine the impact that would have on local communities if you had 70 - 100 people volunteering with the elderly, the homeless, the orphans and the depressed? Not only would it help the community, but it would also help Jehovah ’ s Witnesses individually, as few things make you feel better than helping someone in need.

Yes, can you imagine? Too bad the dubs cant even take care of their own elderly and sick in the congo.

(see Crazyblonde_b/shelley's experience:Senior Citizens......How does your congregation treat them?)

nice job Mary....

Snakes ()

**waves to Mouthy** ..I knew you couldnt stay away...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

This method was not used by the early Christians and has certainly worn out it ’ s usefulness in our day.

Well, I beg to differ. The preaching work provides a guaranteed customer base for and free labor to distribute the literature of the WB&TS. Even if jws don't have the nerve to ask for a contribution at the door, they still pay for the literature to distribute it for free. LOL!

Good job, Mary!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    the house-to-house ministry has become our trademark.

I don't disagree with this statement. the h2h ministry defines the religion. A person's spirituality is defined by how many hours he or she puts in the h2h ministry. The r&f had developed a whole new language around the h2h ministriy. Phrases like "turning in your time," and "keeping your time going," while having nothing to do with the bible, become the focus of attention.

Unfortunately, the h2h ministry no longer works. Thus the "trademark" essentially becomes an anchor that does not allow a lot of flexibility. If the organization is going to make it through the next generation, they need flexibility.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Great job Mary!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

And, I forgot to mention: GREAT JOB MARY!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

WOW Mary, You ROCK that was an excellent synopsis of the worthless tower.

I always thought that likening the plague of locusts to witnesses going door to door was a bit over the top. They are more like annoying flies and they accomplis'sh nothing. That my biggest regret that over the years I wasted so much time knocking on doors and bothering people on Saturday mornings. One thing for sure, I'm getting much more out of the watchtower studies now then I ever did.

Thanks for all your hard work

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit