COMMENTS YOU WILL NOT HEAR AT THE WT STUDY 09-07-08 (HOUSE TO HOUSE MINISTR

by Mary 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sister Mary,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Your labor of love is very much appreciated.

This is truly "food at the proper time".

I'll be looking for an opportunity to share at least a few of these points with various family members at appropriate times.

Even though I have read a rebuttal on everything in that WT lesson at least once before, I still will occasionally find myself feeling like a "deer in the headlights" when I read the WT spin on various scriptures. I'll know in my gut that it's BS, but the actual reason why isn't always ready on the tip of my tongue.

Thanks again for the "sword sharpening".

om

• Open mind
    Open mind

double post.

sorry

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Bravo, Mary! That's a great analysis of the way the JWs have twisted "the great commission" into a ritualized act instead of a spiritual one. Of course, even IF the Bible really meant door-to-door preaching, nobody ever said anything about turning in a time slip!

• minimus
    minimus

Mary, you're a sweet #2 in my book.

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, you're a sweet #2 in my book.

I'm a what?? Number two? I dunno if I like the sounds of that Min.......

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie's #1 and you're a sweet smellin' #2.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    In the prophecy recorded at Malachi 1:11, Jehovah declares: "From the sun's rising even to its setting my name will be great among the nations, and ... a presentation will be made to my name, even a clean gift; because my name will be great among the nations." In fulfillment of this prophecy, Jehovah's dedicated servants are publicly praising his name in all the earth as they humbly carry out their ministry. (Ps. 109:30; Matt. 24:14)

I don't understand how they can state the above when:

1) Romans 10:13 (and it's context) shows that all who call upon the name of Jesus will be saved.

2) Acts 4:12 states that salvation is found only in the name of Jesus, and no other name has been given for salvation.

By the way, did anyone notice that the Watchtower did not define what exactly their good news is? No mention of 1914 anywhere.

• Mary
    Mary
    Blondie's #1 and you're a sweet smellin' #2.

Gotcha.

By the way, did anyone notice that the Watchtower did not define what exactly their good news is? No mention of 1914 anywhere.
    I noticed. This particular study was all about trying to justify the means by which they preach, not the message itself. I haven't even taken a look at next weeks' Craptower study article to see what it says......This is yet another indication that there's most likely alot of dissent behind the scenes when a religion has to have entire study article defending not their message, but the method they're using in order to get their message out.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

From private home to private home ..... LA LA LA LA

• mouthy
    mouthy

After reading this I think YOU should go to the top of the class. VERY GOOD JOB!!!

( Had to pop in to tell you )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit