Whats the Craziest thing you've heard a JW blame Satan for????

by superman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

When I graduated from high school and started working in the real world, young women would be attracted to me. They'd ask me out, call me on the phone, you know the normal things that eighteen year olds do. My mother would tell me that they were just tools of Satan. Wow, so they really didn't like me? It was all just a sham?

• Kudra
    Kudra

We had a friend who worked for an alarm company and they were trying to get him to increase his hours or work on a meeting night or some such obvious act of the devil and they were I guess, sort of harassing him about it.

Well, he finally got so worked up he started yelling "This is just Satan trying to take me away from Jehovah!"

...in front of the boss and employees.

Nothing like making a fine name for JWs. No wonder everyone thinks they're nuts. "Apostates" don't have to do a thing, Jehovah's finest can take care of it all by themselves.

-K

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The washing machine breaking down which caused them to miss field service (the wife was aux. pioneering at the time).

Bad, wet weather that interfered with field service.

Hot, oppressive, sunny weather that interfered with field service.

• AnneB
    AnneB

The fire in the woodstove went out during the night only on Saturdays so that the house would be too chilled to want to get ready for Sunday meeting.

• metaspy
    metaspy

My mom blamed a couple bad decisions by the elders on Satan.
    She said they were being tempted by Satan and it would get straightened out.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I put up a fence for a sister when i was 19 years old. I hadn't got a clue what i was doing, the fence was 150 feet long and i had never nailed two pieces of wood together before. Anyway after a week of almost completion we had a storm, most of the fence blew over. I went around to their house. Her husband who wasn't a witness was not very happy to say the least, i was embarassed trying to make my excuses. He went off in a rage and we decided to part company, they would get the professionals in.

As i was going she said, "Satan does give us these trials doesn't he?". I agreed, it was much easier to blame Satan than my own shoddy workmanship.

Paul

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I heard him get blamed for the co getting into a car wreck.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Pioneers who tell mentally ill patients (after all that's who is home on tuesday mornings) "That's not schizophrenia causing your auditory hallucinations. That's the DEVIL" People who didn't bother to get any education, no health insurance, had 7 kids that they homeschooled say that they don't have two cents to rub together because "the devil is working overtime"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit