Global Warming lie -don't be brainwashed 2008 Australia's Coldest winter???

by Witness 007 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• still-fading
    still-fading

Have all you people forgotten everything we have learned?? The dinosaurs were all killed by the Great Flood which was also the cause of all the Earths abnormalities!

But seriously, I found something pretty interesting, there could be a correlation or not. But the sun had a period of slight inactivity for the past month or so. In fact last month the science world noted the sun was void of sun spots. Sun spots are surrounded by intense magnetic activity and are the origin of solar flares and solar storms. The cooler summer here could be attributed to the suns quiet period right now. And no, I'm not a scientist, I just stayed at a Holiday Inn! but here's the sun spot link.

http://www.dailytech.com/Sun+Makes+History+First+Spotless+Month+in+a+Century/article12823.htm

And as far as global warming goes, it's a cycle. Most scientists believe the Earth is warming......but good luck trying to find a credible one saying that man is causing it.

• Caedes
    Caedes

As the planetary allignment nears. The obvious effects of gravitational pull from the other planets will start to take effect,a few years beforehand, leading to great disasters even before the full cycle ends.

LOL

Tesla must be spinning in his grave to have his good name linked to such hokum.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I thought the term that is used now is climate change and not global warming.

• inrainbows
    inrainbows

still-fading

And as far as global warming goes, it's a cycle. Most scientists believe the Earth is warming......but good luck trying to find a credible one saying that man is causing it.

Thank you; you demonstrate what I say about how people are still spouting the disinformation spread in the past decade. You want to find a credible scientist saying man is causing climate change? Why don't you look for one, there are thousands;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Some Scientist say this is a cycle that has repeated for thousands of years.

yes...

are we having an impact with pollution ? Yes. But so do Volcanos and Basalts.... this is how this same phonomenon has happened in the past over billions of years.

the facts are buried beneath us. We only need to stick a shovel in the ground and see this with our own eyes......... we cant stop it. We can lessen our impact on it but we cannot stop it. The polar ice is melting. that is a fact. ocean levels and temps are rising. this impedes the natural flow of currents and oxygenation of water.

This will continue until there is a reversal and another ice age. that is how it has happened before and that is how it will happen again. case closed.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Tyrone

Hmm, well I'm not sure what to prove.

And I am not surprised given what you were talking about

( Oh really, I didn't know you were an expert) If you are, then disprove it. I didn't claim to be one. I wouldn't even mind being wrong, that's how you learn. So teach me.

I am just taking data like everyone else and making a best guess, like the weatherman does every day.

That's not guessing. That's forecasting. Guess is what lay people do when they stick their head out the window. Forecasting is what meteorologists do with lots of science. They can still be wrong... but a daily forecast is not as accurate or reliable as a clear multi-decennial trend.

Sorry my freind, but lets be honest. If there's a chance of a rainy day, there's a bit of guessing going on. Guessing based on data. No different, than the farmers almanac, or instincts based on what you have before you. A good farmers weather prediction can be just as reliable. Just by looking at a clouds behaviour or a smell in the wind. It is all data, being processed. I have seen farmers do this, and for the most part I would say they are in tune just as the ancient Mayans had to be for their crops.

Processional cycles can be easily measured astronomically.

Which is a science.

Astrlogy

Which is not.

Sure but don't discount yet, the knowledge of the ancients when it came to weather. They even had observatories. They paid very close attention to the stars and a lot of meaning is impacted in it. Even the Early Summerians knew about pluto and spoke of Venus as being greenish. Knowledge from these ancient astronomers was lost due to the invasion of the Spaniards.

By all means conflate neurology (science) with phrenology (rubbish); it's the same as you are doing here. By all means prove the scientific accuracy of astrology.

As I mentioned earlier even the Mayans calculated the end of the next processional cycle to be Dec. 23 2012. The end of the world. I don't know.

No, you don't. Because you're using stone-age astrological mumbo-jumbo. Do you know the statistical likelihood of a prediction about the end of the world coming true? Based on all the previous ones?

Don't be so arrogant unless you understand the way the Myans understood the stars and their calendar. It's pretty common knowledge, that the Myans predicted the end of the world for 2012.

As the planetary allignment nears. The obvious effects of gravitational pull from the other planets will start to take effect,a few years beforehand, leading to great disasters even before the full cycle ends.

All of this can be calculated down to fine degrees of accuracy. And no one can show any indication that anything will happen based on facts. This is new age bollocks version of 1975.

Take a pill man, it's not the end of the world! I like new age thinking but I borrow from many different areas. I'm not cast in stone you know. It's someting to think about. Tell what you think it doesn't matter much, but it might enlarge my scope anyhow. Never know.

There is not much planetary history going past 6000 years.

Human history you mean. There's lots of planetary history which is why we can be sure the wild speculation you're dabbling in is just that. Wild speculation.

Ya, human I guess, but planetary too, if you think of all the lost knowlege and starting over again. I think there's a huge peice of our history missing. OOPARTS just don't add up in archeology. Specualtion Ya sure. I like to speculate. I wouldn't call myself religious in any way though.

The only thing we have is the tale of Atlantis,

The MYTH of Atlantis. Sure, but Troy was a myth too until Einrich Scheiman unearthed it. Who would have thought you could find Troy from the writinings of Homer.

and we do know the ice age ended about 10,000 years ago.

Errr, 12,000, but whatever... ( Well, you know how funny weather can be) LOL Seriously though, This isn't a bloody bible prophecy. We're dealing with weather here. I'm just giving you a round figure. I hate math you know.

The arctic is now melting. Could this be the begining of the pole shift?

No, the Pole shift is when the EU open boarders agreements results in lots of Poles moving to where they get better paid work.

( Sorry, being funny is not allowed, it just kills the expert judisciousness, of the whole thing.) We can't take you seriously anymore.)

Recently, the Tsunami in Indonesia, that took tens of thosands of lives was triggered, by an underwater quake that sent a fault line 800miles across the ocean floor and some 40 ft. high in places. Thats major geological change if you ask me.

No, that's ongoing geological change and NOTHING to do with the precession of the equinoxes.

Now now. You don't really know that.

Just because JW's make fools of themselves by linking happen-chance to Biblical prophecy doesn;t mean it's a good idea to imitate them; they linked earth quakes to their predictions; didn't you learn?

Where science is concerned, I will listen more closely to a theory. Unfortunately I don't much care for numbers. You can't know everything, so I assess info, and go by my gut until something better comes along.

Don't bother with HAARP and the nut job web sites about Tesla. It's not your fault you don't have the scientific background to see it for what it is. I don't get why you can't find the reliable and obviously more credible refutations of the real rubbish as easily as you can find the rubbish...

Show me man. Your right, I'm not scientific, but I'm not stupid either. I know what you mean though. If you've got the big picture, it's harder to pass on to someone who doesn't because of all the info invoved. That's why I don't get too deep here. Some folks like to google everytime they make a response. I pull what I know from what I've read and just write it down. I'm just passing on, what I think I know, and my assessment thusfar. Always open to new and reasonable possibilities though.

IP: NP74nfoSI/YxCxl4

• The Nothing Man
    The Nothing Man

Yeah. it's a big con. They said we are in for hotter summers but that's bollocks because our summers have been crap - in fact, lets all make a giant carbbon footprint - I could do with a good summer

• zagor
    zagor

Sorry to burst your bubble W007 but it is way more complex than that. Global warming doesn't mean everyone is going to get sub-Saharan temperatures; rather it is interplay of very complex mechanisms in nature. What we do know however is that Carbon is one of gases that blocks long-wave radiation from the Earth back to space, along with water vapour and others. Thereby trapping it and dislodging a very sensitive irradiative balance.

What you are referring to is effect explained by simple convection of hot and cold air. While important it has effect mainly on surface, what global warming is dealing with is a phenomenon that threatens to radically reshape upper atmosphere that will have long term effect on what his happening down here. Well think of forgetting even just a small wrench inside the gearbox of your car and then hoping it will not hit the gears, what are the chances of that? Troposphere (aka breathable atmosphere) is hardly 8 km high (certainly no more than 17 km) where you already hit Tropopause, after that it rapidly diminishes in density so for all practical purposes we can think of only 8 km into which we are pumping stuff for the last, what?, 100 years if not more. Do you honestly think it has absolutely no effect? We are pumping back stuff that took literally MILLIONS of years to deposit and we've burned it up like a cigarette in a centaury.

We ought to be either blind or have some other ulterior motives why we don't want to face up to the consequences of our own action.

But I think I sort of can sense what the problem ex members of any cult like witnesses can have, it resonates too close for comfort with what they’ve been listening there all along. Well only on surface, perhaps. For one thing, cults are experts in riding prevailing, already existing waves of world events to lure people into their nest; it is not that they are experts in knowing what is going to happen. So I think you have to raise above that and think like a citizen of this planet and not as an ex member of some idiotic cult.

Here is a short summery of what is going on, but if you like to know more I’d suggest for beginning you at least read some introductory book on geophysics.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

zagor, outside of a way cool avatar, you are seriously impressive with your approach. I found your energy release math in that 9/11 thread to be so good it completely silenced the conspiracy buffs. They never did respond.

Great post here.

Be well,

Chris

• zagor
    zagor

lol, thank you Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit