politics, homosexuals, athiests

by BR25 24 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Well, Shamus, I'll clarify, I think BR25 was asking more a point about voting and xtianity. And, alot of us still hold some of those views in transition, I know I did. Hated, hated, hated gays. Now i'm just fine with 'em. They're my brothers and sisters on this planet.

• JeffT
    JeffT

OK, I'm a Christian and generally conservative and homosexual rights simply isn't a big part of how I pick who to vote for. When I got out of the WTBS in 1988 I voted for Dukakis, followed by Perot and Clinton. I switched to Republican in 2000 on economic issues, only to watch them spend money like drunken sailors.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yes I think the original post asks *how someone who calls himself a christian could vote for gay rights* when they are condemned in the bible.

Yep, the bible does condemn homosexuals. It also condones genocide and rape and slavery. It recommends stoning of children for not being obedient to parents. It orders the sacrifice of animals. Christians just pick and choose which of those things they want to do and which they don't.

It is HARDLY a book on which anyone should base their morals.

-K

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Now as much as everyone slams the JWs wouldnt that be against bible principles of any religious person who would vote for this???

The Bible was put together by the Roman Catholic Church. There are alternate views on what the Bible actually says about homosexuality. Google it. You can find very good articles and essays that reason that the Bible has been tampered with to make it read as anti-homesexuality.

Something important to keep in mind: Jesus does not mention homosexuality. Not once.

Then think about the Samaritan woman. Jesus did not chastise her or condemn her for living with a man to whom she was not married.

Jesus answered questions about divorce and marriage and spoke in ideals. If homosexuality was such a big deal, surely Jesus himself would have mentioned it and condemned the practice.

I have several friends who are gay and are also very devoted Christians. They are kinder and more Christlike than many fundamentalists who are more like the Pharisees Jesus condemned. He didn't mention gays but he did mention Pharisees. Study that and ponder it.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I recomend you read some David Icke. There is a conspiracy going on and the puppet masters are playing both sides against the middle.

We the workers can not win.

To put it another way the people in power are deviding and conquering.

So what ends up happening is the right wing bible thumpers vote Republican and devide the vote. And the republicans play up to them.

Chalk one up for the big multinational corporations.

Democrats and republicans are like wrestlers they hate each other in the ring but they hang out and party together. Like Hulk Hogan and Randy Macho Man savage.

I will vote democrat as the lesser of 2 evils. But I am aware Bill Clinton signed Nafta and that is why we do not have any jobs or make things in Amerika.

Bill Clinton signed Nafta, but it was the dingbats father, old Georges, baby and idea.

Ross Perot said when Nafta gets signed the sucking sound you hear will be all the jobs leaving Amerika. And the job I had for 25 years was sucked out and it appears a lot of other jobs have left the country.

So Clinton, Bush the democrats and republicans are like a tag team. Beating the crap out of the working man in Amerika.

So if neither side is for the working man, whats the answer?

Stop working? Marry rich women like McCain and Kerry?

Grin and bear it?

Maybe its as simple as the world is owned and controlled by corporations.

And corporations are inhumane.

Maybe the workers have to take back the companies from the fat cats the ceos.

Think about it for much of the past century The enemy of the US was Russia,

Russia symbolized communism. Communism is associated with unions and workers rights.

Amerka is a country run by corporations. Corporations are against workers and unions.

If you had a union job in Amerika in the last century you probably lived well.

The corporatons broke up the unions, either hired illegal immigrants or moved off shore drastically reducing labor and still the end product cost as much or more.

Whos getting all the money?

Ceo's fat cat republicans? The corporations.

Theres really no simple answer to mans problems.

That's probbaly why some clever individuals can sell God as the answer to a problem that cant be solved.

Sort of like putting a carrot in front of a donkey so he keeps pulling the cart.

So there is a symbiotic relatinoship between Government aka multinational corporations and religion.

Religion in all its manifestations whatever they may be as long as they will motivate the worker to work for the corporation and give up his energy.

Working for the corporation in America may mean giving up your job and health insurance so you can be a good consumer and purchase chinesses goods from Wallmart with your unemployment and wellfare check.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

BR25:

bill, hillary and other democrats wanting not only wanting equal rights for all races, children, but also HOMOSEXUALS. Now as much as everyone slams the JWs wouldnt that be against bible principles of any religious person who would vote for this???

It would certainly be against a literalist interpretation of the Bible. But following such an interpretation would often - quite rightly - get you arrested in most civilised countries. Those of us who don't believe the Bible to be the word of God, and many people who do, simply do not want to live under the oppressive inhumane laws of the Old Testament. We treat all people as equals because it is the only fair way to behave. We follow the Golden Rule of Jesus rather than the megalomaniacal dictates of his father.

jaguarbass:

I recomend you read some David Icke.

Worst. Recommendation. Ever.

David Icke believes the world is controlled by trans-dimensional reptiles. He believes the queen of England is actually a giant lizard. Best not to pay too much heed to his ravings.

• sir82
    sir82
    politics, homosexuals, athiests

Look, if you want to talk to Junction Guy, just send him a PM.

• chickpea
    chickpea

human rights

the common denominator
    to ALL the "divisions" of the
    human race is that each and
    every statistic is reflective of
    a human being with as much
    RIGHT to equal protection
    under the law as any other.....

the bottom line

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

LOL, very funny Sir82

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

jaguarbass:

I recomend you read some David Icke.

Worst. Recommendation. Ever.

David Icke believes the world is controlled by trans-dimensional reptiles. He believes the queen of England is actually a giant lizard. Best not to pay too much heed to his ravings.

Derek I translate that to mean that David Icke believes in the Nephalim.

I havent graduated to your level yet.

If were evolving bear with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit