politics, homosexuals, athiests

by BR25 24 Replies latest jw friends

• BR25
    BR25

patio34 I dont believe religion should be in government, but they gave prayers, and the democrats in mind try to be more religious in their ways, but then they go against everything the bible condemns.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    equal rights for ... HOMOSEXUALS. ... wouldnt that be against bible principles of any religious person who would vote for this???

For a "religious" person who views the Bible as his/her "authority," perhaps. For a follower of Christ, I think such one would do best to heed HIS words, such as: "Let the one of you who is WITHOUT sin... cast the first stone"... and "Stop judging... that you may not BE judged"... "He that shows mercy will be shown mercy..." and... and... and...

Ive seen discussions on here and other places where the bible has been thrown at homosexuals, but its ok to vote for these things???? I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE NOT VOTING FOR DEMS BECAUSE OF THIS, BUT IT STILL PART THE DEMOCRATIC BELIEF,

May I ask, what's the difference between that... and joining/belonging to a religion ALL of whom's teachings you don't believe/agree with? It seems to me that to condemn one for participating in government affairs because not all that the government advocates for is agreeable... while involving oneself in the same conduct on a religious level... is hypocrisy. Wouldn't you agree?

And note, while you state: "[I] still have the jws beliefs..." you also state "I really want a democrat myself..." You might want to examine your own... ummmmm... "belief system" and be sure it isn't compromised.

so in a whole it makes against gods word. Tell how me how this is alright.

Well, if you're advocating that God's "word" is the Bible, you might have a problem doing this (although, the only place that homosexuality is condemned in the Bible is (1) under the Law Covenant, which true christians are not bound by, and (2) in Paul's letters, but a true christian follows Christ (and not Paul!)... who made no mention of the subject at all, but did forgive a woman caught in the act of adultery... a "sin" which was included among the Ten Commandments and for which she was to be stoned, under the Law Covenant... while homosexuality, although considered "detestable" wasn't included and carried no stoning penalty)... I digress.

If, however, you are advocating that CHRIST is the Word of God (John 1:14; Revelation 19:13), then it would be "against God's Word"... to judge a homosexual for his/her sin... while existing in one's own sin. It would be a sin to refrain from showing such a person love... for love... is the Law [Covenant] fulfillment... and the basis for the NEW Covenant. So, whether it was "alright" or not would depend on which "law" you followed: the one mediated by Moses... or the one mediated by Christ.

You know Im starting to understand athiests more and more everyday. Yeh people can poke fun at the jws beliefs all day long, but its just as easy to find faults with other religions.

There IS fault with all religions. That's one of the reasons we are to be "virgins" and not "defile" ourselves with "women" (i.e., the "daughters of Babylon). Logically, the fun being "poked" here is at JWs, because, well, that's the only religion most folks who come here know. And it's the primary one for most of the rest. This is, after all, "jehovahs-witness.com." But you WILL find similar poking for all kinds of other religions on all manner of other sites.

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Evey human being as far back as history will go has been born an atheist,

the gods suddenly appeared when human intelligence could not explain things about the world and the universe we live in.

• reniaa
    reniaa

I have seen on this site that politics can quickly become very important to people again,

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Isn't religion political in the way that they ask for support from people to be one and only true religion and the faith that is really connected to the Almighty

Jws go on the campaign usually every Saturday morning

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit