** If God is love, you cannot fear him **

by FlyingHighNow 62 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

stonewall,

He coulda quoted scripture of fear God and give him glory, but he instead concentrated on the single most important aspect of our relationship with God and others and that is the love

I just love your response and observation. .. thank you so much.. it's very uplifting to me and I'm sure many others !

Caliber

• caliber
    caliber

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
    Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
    Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
    Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
    Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
    But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it. - Buddha

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think the reason some people can be hornswaggled into the fear doctrine is because their parents were abusive and they don't see anything wrong with a great big abusive God/parent. I try to get my sister who is a JW and my brothers who are fundies to see this. I have a younger brother, but I have not been able to discuss this with him.

I am also perplexed by the argument for hell that reasons if there is a reward, there must be a punishment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit