Another push to make US use %@#* $1.00 coins

by Gregor 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In Aus we got rid of 1c and 2c, so start at 5cents. We have $1 and $2 coins. Plus our notes are plastic, so last a lot longer.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I was thinking a few weeks ago that they should eliminate pennies. I suspect the reason they don't is because it might not be politically popular to eliminate them and virtually acknowledge that inflation is happening.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Up here, in commie canada, we have had 1 dollar coins for decades. A few yrs ago, we started w 2 dollar coins. We seem to be surviving as well as ever.

Maybe the coin laden could put in a little effort into putting change back into the system, instead of letting it build up in their pockets. Throwing pennies away also helps.

S

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

Gregor -

I am a US citizen, who now lives in England, and it took me all of maybe a day tops to learn what coins are what. If it takes someone a long time to figure out what coin will use to pay for a candy bar, then maybe they shouldn't go anywhere without doing some sort of investigating into the currency first so they aren't holding up the line in the supermarket!

I actuallylike the UK's currency a lot better than the US. The £1 and £2 coins are great and I mostly have those and the 50p or 20p in my bag, so it's not so bad. The other smaller bits go into our coin collection for changing into larger bills later.

If you think you can't walk around with change in your pockets without holding up your pants, then maybe you should start carrying a purse

• Gregor
    Gregor

MMMM...let's see...uh....I'll have a Snickers..and..a...Almond Joy!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We have gold $1 dollar coin and a smaller $2 dollar coin????? And a 50 cents bigger then both!!!!???? {poor blind folks} we ditched the copper 1 cent and 2 cents and we never looked back.....also we have state of the art plastic notes which cannot be copied and last forever.....not bad for a country "down under".......no wonder your economy is stuffed your currency has lost it's self respect.

• Sgt Pepper
    Sgt Pepper

We in the UK lost our £1 note around twenty years ago and I miss them. Notes are easier to carry than coins and the problem is now worse as we have a shortage of £5 notes. Therefore when spending a £10 you can get up to nine £1 coins in change.

I visited the USA last year and I loved the dollar bill.

Lose the dollar bill today and the $5 may soon follow....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit