Gin is best drunk with?

by stillajwexelder 47 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

Hey Big Tex

If you like Glenfiddich you may also like Balvenie - next door to each other and the same owner

Besty (hic)

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

Does Gin remind anyone of the smell of .....

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Friends!

• Dagney
    Dagney

I agree, Hendricks is lovely, but delicate, serve simply.

Other gins...tonic, olives. Gin soaked olives are mighty tasty. (Remembering old boyfriend that soaked a giant jar of olives in gin for me. Got drunk eating the olives and had a hangover for the CA the next day.)

BTW, hijacking...has anyone tried the French absinthe? It's about $60 for a bottle...too pricey to experiment but I am strangely curious.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey Big Tex

If you like Glenfiddich you may also like Balvenie - next door to each other and the same owner

Besty (hic)

Oh boy, homework!

I'm going to write that one down and try it next time I'm at the liquor store.

Nina likes a dirty gin martini; I can't do that but gin and tonic is okay in the summer.

Candy is dandy
    But liquor is quicker -- Ogden Nash

Chris

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Of course, understand that gin will kill you, especially if you are over 50. After 50, switch to vodka - it just kills you a little slower..........

Why does gin have such a bad reputation ? I've finally found a "grown-up" drug of choice, and it's gin and tonic. Please explain why it's worse than other forms of alcohol.

Waving to Joy and Barb!!!!

Kat

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

All the above.

It is also good in a shot glass with an oyster, tomato juice, and lime.

BTS

• still_in74
    still_in74

i have to admit i dont like Gin straight. I DO like it with anything sour - like lemonade or limeade, in the summertime a glass full of ice gin and pink lemonade is a killer refreshing drink. You can load up the gin and the sour cuts right through it. YUMMY!

I will pick up a bottle of Hendricks though, I've never had it before.... thanks for the tip!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Candy is dandy
    But liquor is quicker -- Ogden Nash

"Pot is not." Added by Ogden Nash in the 1960's (gee, I wonder why??)

I like traditional gin & tonic with a wedge of lime -- BEST drink on a hot summer day!

And aren't gin-soaked white raisins supposed to be good for arthritis?

Nina

• golf2
    golf2

Tangueray & tonic with lime!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit