Gin is best drunk with?

by stillajwexelder 47 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Gin is best drunk with 1)ice only 2)tonic and lemon slice 3) orange juice 4) hint of vermouth splash of vermouth a good slug of vermouth other

• Scully
    Scully

I'd always heard that gin was excellent to drink with a potential romantic partner. Something in the juniper berries is reputedly somewhat of an aphrodisiac for many ladies.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

formatting has gone to hell since I switched to Mozilla Firefox

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I'd always heard that gin was excellent to drink with a potential romantic partner.

The first and only time I drank gin was in 1981. It didn't agree with me. I didn't have much, only about 6 drinks. I threw up all over the back of my girlfriend's head. I went home and couldn't unlock the door. Finally my dad came to the door, took one look at me, and said, "You've been drinking gin! Go to bed!" I did, and didn't wake up for a full 24 hours.

Never again!

W

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Gin should be drunk with gin. Straight from your freezer or tumbler to your martini glass. Olives are okay.

Hendricks gin is soooo good.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes olives saturated with gin do taste good

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Tonic, with lime AND lemon slices.

Make your own alcoholic Sprite.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

alt

Having one now. Thanks to Bisous for telling me about this elixir. Makes Tanqueray and Bombay Saphire taste like Listerine.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I don't care for gin. If I have to, I prefer Bombay Sapphire. Nice crisp taste.

Single malt whiskey is better for drinking. Glenfiddich is great (really really great). Although if you prefer a peaty taste, Laphroaig is fantastic.

Of course duing the summer ... nothing wrong with a good vodka martini.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Although if you prefer a peaty taste, Laphroaig is fantastic. and LAGAVULLIN a- also very peaty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit