Bumper Sticker

by calico 10 Replies latest jw friends

• calico
    calico

Yesterday I saw a bumper sticker on a van that said "I Attend Harvestime Bible Church" Can you imagine if jw's had bumper stickers like this? I wonder what the public reaction would be?

"I Attend the Kingdom Hall"

• abbagail
    abbagail

Ha! Funny! But you know the "word" from the podium back in the 1980s, and I'm sure it's the same still, was that, "Would you want to put YHWH on your car window and then you lose your temper in traffic and bring reproach on Jehovah's name?" etc.etc.

I'm guessing the same sentiment would apply to JWs having KH bumper stickers.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've seen plenty of jws with "YHWH" bumper stickers. How tacky.

• calico
    calico

I've seen JAH on vanity plates and wondered if they were witnesses or those happened to be their initials!

• abbagail
    abbagail

When I was a JW I always wanted to get a license plate that said: PS. 83:18.

But the "word" was, as I said above, that if you were "bad" in public, and people saw your YHWH or whatever on your car, you would bring reproach, so they "scared me out of it" and "stole my joy" at the idea of the license plate or YHWH decal, etc.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I think I'll have some printed off and send to all my JW friends-

"I OBEY THE FDS"

or

"THE SLAVE IS GREATER THAN THE MASTER"

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I had family in Oklahoma in the mid 80's that had a YHWH vanity plate on their Toyota service wagon...excuse me but I just threw up a little.

sooner

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I've seen JAH on vanity plates and wondered if they were witnesses or those happened to be their initials!

Rastafarians most likely

• KingArthur
    KingArthur

I too remember the YHWH thing. We used to put a WT mag in the window on the way to an assembly. Now my bumper says "Dog is my co-pilot.

• LisaAnn
    LisaAnn

We had YHWH but in Hebrew- in the hopes that only dubs would know us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit