Who was your childhood hero or she-roe?

by zagor 12 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

OK boys and girls something light tonight. I’ve been talking to someone the other day who is studying psychology and she tells me you can tell a lot about a person based on who their childhood hero was. I’m not sure if I subscribe to the idea at all, kind of reminds me of horoscope or tarot archetypes but on the other hand, I’ve been thinking tonight, she might be onto something there at least partly. Kind of what kind of personality you gravitated toward as a mini-human might have shaped who you developed into later... wellll...maybe.

I guess mine is self-explanatory, if unfamiliar with the character here is the link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zagor in translation “The Spirit with the Hatchet”

I'm I really that person? naa, welllll, I guess there is a bit of that elusive bit there that loves his privacy and getting lost on a trail of something be it in woods or just hitting the road for the hell of it.

So who was it for you? Who did you play as a kid? What character?

Mickey mouse? - Funny and clever always right
    Supperman – clumsy on the outside, way more to him/her than meets the eyes. Really a god in a human form.
    Spiderman – regular human with secret powers

I don’t know I’m just making it up as I go so don't take these descriptions too seriously lol, feel free to correct me ;)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

John Lennon.

• blondie
    blondie

There was always a teacher at school that encouraged me and praised my efforts. The last one died this year....

• rebel8
    rebel8

Honestly? Ghandi. OK, I was a weird kid. ;)

Once in school we had to write a paper about our hero. Everyone else wrote a paper about Arnold SwhosenameIcan'tspellCAgovernor. I wrote about Ghandi because of his peaceful protests. (I should check to see if what I wrote is actually true, ha ha.)

My entire life until that point had been based upon that principle, and still is. It was my way to respond to beatings when I couldn't get away, emotional abuse, and the cult. Now I use many peaceful, polite means to protest injustices.

I will never be the one picketing and shouting. I've learned lots of ways to make myself heard that are more effective.

• tak
    tak

Bewitched

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

jesus

• milligal
    milligal

Queen Elizabeth I, she ruled Britain for 50 of it's most prosperous years, never married and knew how to stroke men's egos to get what she wanted....all good lessons

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

When I was really young- Mighty Mouse, the it was He-Man, then when I was a little older John Barnes....

• abbagail
    abbagail

Yes, Mighty Mouse and Popeye!

Am I aging myself? I even had a Popeye doll, his arms/legs were held together by a rubber band inside, but it eventually broke and he fell apart. And I had dreams about Mighty Mouse... ZAP !@#)(*U@# ZING! @Q$@#*$U@(* BOOM! @#P(U@$#O

So what's my psych profile from those two? lol...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I couldn't think of an answer for this question until I read milligal's post. As a kid, I read as many books as I could about Queen Elizabeth I and her family. I learned a lot from her life, and still practice some of the things I learned from her experiences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit