How many of you would still be "Blinded" by the JW's had it not been forJWD

by superman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I had left years ago and just accepted that I would die. Yep, that it, just one day, it would be all over.

So I made the most of the time I had left.

Then I found JWD, and I felt like I was Eve and I had eaten the fruit.

lisa

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

It was Randy's site that made me see everything. JWD kept adding eyedrops to ensure I retained my vision until I was completely healed :)

• blondie
    blondie

As much as JWD has been helpful, it was the words and actions of the WTS and members that opened my eye and sent me searching. JWD has evolved from those days. It could be pretty testy on an ex-jw DB.

Blondie

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I would still believe wholeheartedly and feel guilty daily that I was not living up to the expectations. Now, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. There have been several websites combined that have helped me. JWD-JWFACTS and Freeminds.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

me, no question. thats why i have been vocal about transferring it. what if i didnt find it? most of the apostate sites on the net when i went to them i dismissed them. i mean, i love six screens, but is that not the most stereotypical apostate site? lol! i mean, i ran from it, lol. you have to be at a certain level in your leaving to be able to read six screens. at JWD its just so much more chilled.

• abbagail
    abbagail

ME ME ME... (would still be "Blinded" by the JW's had it not been for JWD...)

"If not for this website... 2. Still believe it..."

Was already out 11 years (df) but remained under "mental bondage" the entire time, thinking WT was the "only true religion" and if I wanted to get back close to God, I would have to "go back there," which I did not want to do, tho did go to about 2-3 Memorials a few years in a row, leading up to Year 2000, when I got on the internet late summer, praise God! Didn't take long to come across this place, but at first, still being under that mental-WT-bondage (yes, even after all that time), I was freaked by how "nasty" people were here, the fights, the cursing, the accusations thrown at newbies (poor newbies were always accused of being trolls, etc.). It was very intimidating.

So I did not come back for almost a whole year, not until after 9/11 I stopped by and saw the "WOLVES IN SHEEP's CLOTHING" ad here, and clicked on that (and it took a lot of nerve to even do that), which lead me to Silentlambs site and that basically was the crushing of the Tower for me... (It was easy after that, after grieving over all the pedos first... but I just figured, "Well, if WT doesn't have the truth, I'll just keep looking" and it paid off!)

After that, I was between here and SL reading and eventually posting for about 1.5 years pretty much full-time, night and day, day and night... ;-) Oh, and I hung out at Channel C some, too, mostly reading, but it wasn't "busy" enough for my "busy brain" back then, yet this place was OPEN for BIZ 24/7 and hopping!

So I say, yes, if it wasn't for JWD... I might still be trapped in WT-mentality (Horrors). I never could access Freeminds and some other sites back then because I had an old small computer AND dial-up, and complicated websites would not even load onto my computer. Freeminds used to always jam up my computer. Ha. That scrolling thing he had on his front page was a bear.

---------

So thanks to Simon & Ang for the long years of grueling "administrative" duties, major expenditure of time and money, and holding down the fort, keeping the barn from blowing up, reigning in the bulls, shooting the coyotes, having to play from nursemaid to gunslinger, etc. I think it's fantastic you have reached the point of not being that interested in spending more time with stuff related to JWism (or ever how you worded it). I thought that was a great thing. I felt FREE FOR YOU when I read that! Hurray for Freedom!

"Liberty to the captives!"

--and--

"There is a time and season for everything under the sun..."

-------------

Happy Trails, Roy and Dale!
    ha!

/ag

PS: All the Triggers will have to go snort elsewhere...

----------------

Visit... WithChrist.org... beautiful Intro page... (not my site, I just like it... and talk about Freedom!)

• White Dove
    White Dove

JWD helped me see things more clearly and removed my guilt feelings before they felt too guilty.

I left and did research here at the same time. It was an awsome combination to help me out.

• dinah
    dinah

Using the bible, I had figured out that they were not God's only channel on earth. JWD did open my eyes to all their dirty tricks and the fact that they are just in it for the money.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

<raises hand> ME!!! I know that I would still be going to meetings or at least feeling somewhat guilty if I had stopped on my own accord.

Similar to YM, I never really accepted other apostate sites, at first I just simply attributed those sites to disfellowshipped people with a grudge or cyber loonies that has an axe to grind against the WTS; This site was different because it was filled with thousands of users, many of whom had insightful opinions and knowledge, and provided access to information that I would not have known existed.
    I think the number one thing that helped me "see the light" was reading all of the experiences of folks on here, some of which made me very teary to say the least. It was reading these experiences and seeing how many people were treated in the org, that helped me realize that something was wrong. Also being encouraged to read CoC by so many people - I never, ever would have picked up that book on my own. So in comparison, numbers speak volumes, and the many many many people posting here really helped me understand what I was really involved in and helped to to stop going -guilt free.

Also,
    What is crazy is how much information I would not have known about my own religion, such as who Russell & Rutherford were, Beth Sarim, 1975, etc.. etc..., that was just swept under the rug and never mentioned again. Even though I am a 3rd generation witness, these things WERE never mentioned to me, even in passing, before I got baptized.

I was out of the Watchtower's control for almost two decades prior to my first login, so the anwer for me is that my eyes were not opened by JWD. However, JWD did provide much useful information that I used in dealing with the JW family members who remained JWs. It also gave me place to vent my frustrations.

I'm realizing now that some people actually want to live a lie. There's no helping those folks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit