"Only active "jw's will survive armageddon"....a list please.......

by oompa 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

I find it interesting that JW's so often think they are in full harmony with all WT teachings, but in reality, they have softend a tough JW position in there own mind. For instance, a close JW friend of mine....my age....actually told me he did not think WT ever said that ONLY JW's will survive Armageddon!!!! Of course this is because he does not want to think of billions of good decent people that are not dubs dying....I believed that way....and my elder dad does too. But I enjoyed making the point that just as oompa just doe NOT believe all WT teaches....neither does my friend!!!

Is there a list of quotes or WT sources that state the party line of death to all not jw?? I have already found about 10 quotes in WTCD that say basically this point but would like more..........oompa

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'm plagiarizing a previous post of mine here but I thought it was relevant to the topic and I think that the following is a great example to demonstrate that, while the WT publications never explicitly say "everybody except JW's is gonna get wacked", this teaching can nevertheless can be clearly inferred from what they do say.

WT 7/18/08 page 20 paragraph 18:

Literally millions of symbolic fish from the sea of humanity have been attracted to Jehovah's congregation in modern times. Some attend the Memorial, others come to our meetings, and others are happy to study the Bible. But do all of these prove to be geniune Christians? They may be "hauled up onto the beach," but Jesus tells us that only "the fine ones" are gathered into vessels, which represent Christian congregations. The unsuitable are thrown away, eventually to be cast into a symbolic fiery furnace".

Now just think about what is being said here. The paragraph is referring to the millions of people who express some interest in JWism at some point in their lives, but even among these a great number are found to be "unsuitable".

So, if even memorial hangers-on, on-and-off studiers, and other such sorta-JW's are to be "cast into the symbolic fiery furnace", where does this leave the billions who never take any interest at all in JWism?

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

I would like to point out that they send mixed messages these days. In the "public" Watchtower magazines and in the newer field service material to be distributed, the ones that are to be destroyed by Jehovah are only the "incorrigibly wicked".

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

LOL

After I read the thread title, I thought you were asking for a list of active JWs.

Not I.

• oompa
    oompa

Octarine Prince .........lmao!!!.....that must be the worst subject line I have ever done!!........nice catch.........oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OOmpa..When I was a kid,JW`s were taught..Only JW`s will get into the new system..If you thought any different in our house,you`d get a smack upside the head.........Fast forward 40yrs....Had a conversation with my mom.....Told her JW`s believe,only they will get into the New system....Her reply.."Oh no we`ve never taught that"......WTF????......Of course she couldn`t remember preaching the end of the world by 1975 either..She did it for over 20yrs!..Now denys it..Crazy Eyes..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Double plus ungood to say that only JWs make it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

From what I was taught, I had to (1) be an active witless at the time the Great Tribulation broke out, (2) not be practicing any sins (even the ones that you could not get disfellowshipped for but were "conscience matters"), (3) doing the maximum possible out in field circus and going to all the boasting sessions unless absolutely impossible, and (4) totally in harmony with the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger in every way. And even then it was totally up to Jehovah--He could well opt out on the "may" part of the scripture and destroy me anyways.

Or, He could decide that I could have put in another 15 seconds in field circus, I should have come in the cancer a year or two earlier, or that I said the wrong thing in field circus (or wasn't as productive as possible). Either way, salvation was never assured even if you were active.

• blondie
  • rebel8
    rebel8

One of the litter-ature quotes said "only jws have a scriptural hope of surviving the impending doom" or something like that. Maybe if you Google those terms you will find it.

"doing the maximum possible out in field circus"

One of the struggles I've had when talking to other xjws is they did not have the same level of control or the same teachings, and refused to believe some of my experiences (you know, b/c the org is exactly the same world wide).

This teaching you mentioned is one of the most important--it is really the most controlling thing they ever taught.

Well, let me qualify that. The way I was taught it, in order to survive the birds eating your eyes out, you would have to be doing the maximum possible in all aspects of the religion, during every waking moment. Not only must you sacrifice every scrap of free time to do fs, you also had to constantly study, recruit, and even meditate on teachings constantly.

When I was in high school I had to read witchtowers during lunch times. Those who didn't (elders' kids) were scolded via a special needs talk. When I was walking to school or between classes, I was supposed to train my mind to think of scriptures. etc, etc There was not supposed to be a waking moment when you just daydreamed, made small talk, or let your thoughts wander, because Beelzebub would come on in.

Imagine growing up like that, and the pleasant release that comes with leaving the org, just to allow oneself to enjoy a sunset or daydream while driving, w/o obsessing over scriptures and wts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit