"Only active "jw's will survive armageddon"....a list please.......

by oompa 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

"ONLY JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION WILL REMAIN TO ENJOY CHRIST'S THOUSAND-YEAR RULE, DURING WHICH THE DEAD WILL BE RAISED AND THE EARTH RESTORED"

http www. cesnur. org /2007/ bord_chryssides. htm

from paper presented at the 2007 International Conference

*****think you might find this website very much of interest****

• Mandette
    Mandette

I don't have any links to WT publications saying this. But I do specifically remember being taught that only JW's would survive Armageddon. Which just absolutely tore me up because there were those that I loved that aren't JW's.

Maybe this is a little off topic but the bible debunks all that the WT says about salvation. Romans 6:23(GIFT of God is eternal life) for one......and the bible doesn't say it's only for ONE group or organization.

I find great comfort in these scriptures...
    Mandette

• Open mind
    Open mind

The best SINGLE SENTENCE quote, IMO, is the one Co Co pasted (and that Blondie originally made me aware of when I first started reading JWD):

Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system [of things] dominated by Satan the Devil

WT, September 1, 1989, p. 19.

Here's what I like about it:

1. Single sentence.

2. Fairly recent, i.e. "current light"

3. It's the Watchtower, not some other publication or a quote from a talk.

For those with family still in, I strongly recommend having this bound volume hard copy ON THE SHELF. (Not just on the CD-ROM.) There's something quasi-mystical, powerful about physically pulling down the "spirit directed" WT volume itself and turning to the "almost God-breathed" quote.

You can usually get one on E-Bay for about $10-15. Money well spent IMO.

Or if someone is getting rid of a bunch of old volumes, make sure the '89 WT is in there and stick them in an unused, dry corner somewhere. That way it doesn't look like you went out of your way to have JUST ONE WT volume in your arsenal.

I know quite a few JWs with multiple WT volumes permanently lodged in their ARSE-nal.

om

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

undercovers quote is in direct contradiction of the other qoute saying that only the "incorrigibly wicked" would be destroyed.

it says that even those "ignorant" that is, never been witnessed to and are oblivious to their live-giving truths, WILL BE destroyed.

thats like, super fair.

• Open mind
    Open mind

to cameo-d:

The firewall won't let me access that site.

Can you tell us the WT publication that quote is from?

If it's not from a WT publication, it's value is much more limited, IMO.

om

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

to cameo-d:

The firewall won't let me access that site.

Can you tell us the WT publication that quote is from?

If it's not from a WT publication, it's value is much more limited, IMO.

om

OM..

If you type the web address into your browser and close up the spaces you should be able to access the site.

Here is more info:

Jehovah's Multinational Organization---Globalization, Theocracy and Jehovah's Witnesses

by George D. Chryssides

A Paper Presented at the 2007 International Conference in Bordeaux, France

...an expanded version of this paper will form part of the authors forthcoming book (2008) Historical Dictionary of Jehovah's Witnesses

(Scarecrow Press) damn fitting name for the publisher, isn't it? They should have been printing the mags, too

• Open mind
    Open mind

thanks for the formatting advice cameo-d.

I did remove the spaces, but as I mentioned earlier, the firewall (I'm at work) won't allow access to that site.

If the quote you mentioned is from a recent WT publication, please share the citation. It will immediately go to the top of my list of "favorites".

If it is a quote from a talk, an outline, a letter to Bodies of Elders, etc. then it doesn't carry as much weight with loyal JWs.

But, I'd still like to know.

Thanks again,

om

• oompa
    oompa

Trying to post my list of quotes but it will not let me?

• oompa
    oompa

CRAPPP it will not let my post my three page list of JW quotes!! pm me if you want it.....i am printing it and handing it to my good jw friend of 30 years who actually told me he did not think JW's taught ONLY they would survive the end.......geeze where has he been!?!?!.........thanks all for your help......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit