Who's The Best Talk Show host of All Time?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Carson. Definately.

I remember when Jay Leno took over. I quit laughing and quit watching The Tonight Show.

• core
    core

On this side of the pond it has to be the late Russell Harty, whilst just across from here in Ireland it has to be Gaye Byrne. Bill Grundy was good as well (sadly he's also "the late") - Parkinson/Wogan et al all only good at promoiting the guests new file/book/divorce/car etc etc - for the very old in the UK(sorry - another "late") Harold Williamson was a superb presenter of interviews with children - he was superb and did not patronise or condescend

• minimus
    minimus

Jay got better with time. He's my fav now.

• undercover
    undercover

Does Jon Stewart count?

He does the Daily Show fake news, but he also interviews someone towards the end of the show. He's had some heavyweights come through...

Maybe Stephen Colbert too...

• minimus
    minimus

They're kinda alright.

Chris Rock was great!!!

• undercover
    undercover
    They're kinda alright.

You sad, sad, little dot...

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Anyone remember Larry Glick? He used to be my neighbor... I never listened to him back then...I was still a dub.

I like Howie Carr locally on the radio.... I don't watch talk shows on tv generally....

Coffee

• minimus
    minimus

Coffee, you opened up a whole new group there! RADIO.....

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont know who the best is. I dont watch much tv. In the past 70's when I watched some I enjoyed Tom Snyder on late night. I'm sure he wont be considered the best because of his limited exposure, late night. But he was enjoyable to me.

• minimus
    minimus

There was a guy in the late 70s, early 80s, who has a famous actress daughter, and he was one of the first Morton Downey Jr. types...Can't think of his name. Wally something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit