What does The Watchtower really give to its followers?

by VM44 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gill
    Gill

The WatchTower?! Give?!

It gives nothing but takes everything.

It provides an infrastructure that is like a spider's web. Once caught on this web the average Joe Bloggs dubby is bled dry in life, money, hope, security and any sense of worth or success.

• greendawn
    greendawn

True for most JWs being in the cult represents giving a lot and getting little in return in real terms but they are deceived into thinking they are receiving a lot of things that are in fact imaginary. So they believe they are getting a good deal when they are not.

The key to understanding the deception is the blatantly false statement: "you are gathering treasures with jehovah and he will richly reward you in due time." Note the WTS has no responsibility to reward anything instead it tranfers it all on jehovah and an unspecified future time. That is the stuff of lying charlatans and scoundrels and why religion has a reputation of being a form of deception and expoilation. Thanks to ruthless exploiters like the FDS.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I always remember my parents telling me that in order to appreciate something, I would have to work for it....I sort of see this mentality with the WTS and salvation!!!

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

A false sense of security.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

It gives you the freedom to not have to worry about death. It gives you the hope of being able to do some fabulous things you would never be able to do in this world.....like live in a huge, gorgeous house with all kinds of cool animals around. It gives you the chance to know your dead family members and friends, and not to have to worry when someone dies.

Too bad the things they "give" are just imaginary and if you stick in it long enough, the promises they make you for your future make your "real" life very hard to deal with.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

A BUNCH OF BULLCHIT!

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

An illusion.

xxx SC

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I was a JW they gave me the hope of surviving Armegeddon in 1975. I survived!

I cant imagine what they are selling today.

Membership in a thursday night coffe and cake club after the meeting at Denny's?

• reniaa
    reniaa

let me reword some of the above posts

It gives people who are judge by society and their peers as having little worth because they don't earn enough haven't got an education so aren't "Intelligent" enough to be of interest to them, to be shown that God doesn't care about those things.

It gives people hope for things that cannot even be imagined in todays world were attainment of money is seen as lives goal!

It offers safety from those that would hurt us and our family

It offers friendship with people who have a love of God like ourselves so we can talk about him without being belittled and jeered at.

See its all in the wording and the viewpoint guys!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit