How long did you stay active after having major doubts?

by jambon1 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Once my doubts were determined and no decent answers were given, I quit going in field service. I stopped going out in the field back in 94, but I attended meeting regularly until 96 I think, then I slowed waaaaay down.

• crazycate
    crazycate
    In and Out, Back and Forth....first baptized at age 9 in 1956. Was the "perfect" example other parents wanted their children to be. Played piano at KH (before recorded music) at age 10 -- all meetings, funerals and weddings. "Great Legacy" started by Grandmother who was present at Cedar Point, swept by the tide, friends, activities, Mother was Book Study Conductor in our home (yes!!! hard to believe - not enough brothers) wore a hat in our living room while she conducted the BS. Dad never in truth. Years of being active and inactive as adult. Disfellowshipped, then reinstated. Doubts started a few years back. Can't talk to anyone else about these doubts. This is a great forum for serious and meaningful discussion. Life changing experiences have brought me to this point. Grandson's "story" published in Awake! magazine. Wow, can't believe I am posting this.

Gram: I'll bet your story is fascinating. Can you post it?

Respectfully, Cate

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Realized the truth about the truth circa 1994. I went to my last meeting, which was the memorial, in 2002.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

When the 1995 change in generation teaching came out, I felt like I got sucker punched. I listened to all the rationalizing people did but I still felt sick to my stomach. I kept my feelings to myself and kept on going.

I should honestly say I was not shocked because I saw it coming. I felt they had to make a change because they were painting themselves into a corner with their 1914 teaching. I was angry because I felt they insulted my intelligence.

It was finally over in 2000. I call this the 'year of no illusions'. ' No illusions' as in 'mine were all shot to hell'. I uncovered the mountain of critical information against the religion. Much of it confirmed what I had suspected all along. .

LHG

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Approximately eight years, for family reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit