: )

by Narkissos 26 Replies latest jw friends

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Didier, I have always enjoyed reading your posts. I certainly appreciate the effort you put into them. Hopefully, many more who come upon this web site in the future to research Jehovah's Witnesses will be similarly enlightened by them as I was.

Dave

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Narkissos:

I have appreciated reading your posts on this forum. When I first logged on to this forum, I was angry and felt very betrayed by the religion I had given my life to.
    Over a period of time, and began to develop an interest in the scholarship about early Christianity, especially textual criticism. I believe that your posts piqued my interest in these subjects.
    The books I have read probably qualify as textual criticism lite, or early Christianity for the layman.
    I enjoy reading Bart Ehrman, Elaine Pagels, Burton Mack and lately have become interested in Joseph Campbell's books.
    One of the big changes for me in the last five or six years is the change from needing to believe in a biblical Jesus to becoming fascinated with how Christianity developed around the life of a simple wandering preacher.
    I am hoping, along with others on this board I am sure, that you will find another board where we can be entertained and edified by your posts.

P

• Quentin
    Quentin

Always a pleasure to read your posts...do hope you find another place to do so...stay well, stay safe...

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Didier,

I used to lurk on a few ex-jw forums like H2O but I quickly lost interest in each of them in turn. I enjoy fluff every now and then, but what I was also grateful to have here at JWD, were your thought provoking threads. I can't say I'm a religious animal, and far from enlightened but I looked forward to your posts. A great depth of introspection and range on topics which I loved to read because of what they showed about the human condition.

I think what I've really learned from posters like yourself Didier is summed up by something said by Mary McArthy

I suppose everyone continues to be interested in the quest for the self, but what you feel when you're older, I think, is that. . . you really must make the self.

Ahh those wonderful dots within quotes. As you can see, I still have a ways to go in losing my WT self.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I will greatly miss reading your posts. On leaving the JWs, I knew the WTS exhibited cult like control, yet had no foundation of beliefs to go to. It was particularly the depth of information Leo and yourself discussed that helped me see just how simplistic Watchtower doctrine is and how much I had to learn. It made moving forward a far more exciting prospect. I hope we are able to keep in touch post JWD.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Thanks for the effort you put into your doctrine posts.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Well I am not going to post on this thread...

Damn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit